Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vertigo

Writing an article on Adverse drug reaction

6 posts in this topic

Dear All,

I am currenly working CAMHS, I am planning to write a case report on 'adverse drug reaction', with a view of publishing it.

I wanted some advise,as I have to enter some data and findings from other articles and websites.I was wondeing if anyone could advise me on what should I be doing so that it does not amount to pliagrism and some general advise , so that there is no trouble in getting the artilce published.

This is my first effort and of course I will be taking the advise from my consultnat.

Many Thanks

Some points:

1. Major publishing houses would not publish a case article, unless of course you say clozapine caused phocomelia.

2. You will have to make sure that the drug reaction was causative.

3. Some journals will ask for rechallange.

4. If it is a CAMHS drug reaction, then target camhs journal.

5. Feel free to read other case report to have an idea of a structure of a successful case report.

6. Dont copy from an article, if you like an idea try to give it your style and words.

7. CHOICE OF THE JOURNAL WILL BE IMPORTANT AND BE READY TO SCOUT AROUND, IF THE CASE IS REALLY IMPORTANT THEN AIM FOR A HIGH IMPACT JOURNAL LIKE BMA.

Yes, try your consultant as he/she probably has experience of publishing articles.

If not, find the research lead in your trust or an academically oriented consultant who is interested in articles. These people have links with journal editors and know how the get articles published.

So, if you get a known name as a co-author.....you stand a better chance of ur article being published.

There is no harm in repeating what someone has said in an article as long as you give them due credit. It is not plagiarism, unless you reproduce someone else's work as your own.

try the journal of medical case reports... they cahrge a 500 pound processing fee for the article to be open... but may waiver it... if it gets accepted, ask your consultant to pay (or if he is a university staff, he may have funds)...

One aspect would be do a good narrative review of the topic along with the case report.

if anyone couldadvise me on what should I be doing so that it does not amount topliagrism

By using referrences! :-?