Kumar

travel

11 posts in this topic

Hi I thought i will start this thread to discuss our travel experiece,advice tips etc.I hope webmaster would start a new section for this soon.

I am planning to visit Turkey in the month of April.Any suggestions for a good place to stay in Istanbul

I am planning to visit Turkey in the month of April.Any suggestions for a good place to stay in Istanbul

have a look at the tripadvisor.com forums, apparently the best travel resource site / forum in the world..

Would love to go to Turkey. Heard its awesome. I have done more of the west but plan to start that side of the globe sometime in the near future

Some of the places visited in turkey:Istanbul must see in Turkey.Grand bazaar,Sofia,blue mosque, are just amazing.try and book a hotel near the blue mosque it is perfect location for seeing most of the must see things in the city.

Kapadokia:amazing landscape,hot air balloon,cave hotels etc

Bodrum:a beach resort town.not the best beaches though

Pamukkale:natural springs but one of the most unique ones in the world

Ephesis(can't remember the spelling):roman town in ruins.wondered how much the Romans ruled those days.magnificent structures.

This I covered in 7 days.any further help pl ask.

1 person likes this

on a more mundane note. Beach holiday to albrough in suffolk highly recommended.

airbnb a great place to find budget accommodation

If you're in the UK and happy to stay with the not ideal weather, I would suggest the Lake District. It's absolutely beautiful and in some places there's absolutely no phone signal - so good if you want to just escape from the world for a few days :)

If you're in the UK and happy to stay with the not ideal weather, I would suggest the Lake District. It's absolutely beautiful and in some places there's absolutely no phone signal - so good if you want to just escape from the world for a few days :)

how long should spend on Lake District? Which month would be warmer? :wub:

how long should spend on Lake District? Which month would be warmer? :wub:

July/August would be the warmest time but also peak season (expensive and busy). I've gone in January and although it's much colder, you can hire a cottages for a cheaper price. The snow adds to the picturesque scenery 

Try Mediterranean Cruise, its a must !