kreely

If you win the Lottery

81 posts in this topic

@ryukenden

What do I need to get web designing and hosting, do advise what course or training you advise.

Looks like you are an expert in it.

@ryukenden

What do I need to get web designing and hosting, do advise what course or training you advise.

I would suggest Dreamweaver. You can download free trial from Adobe. For very professional sites, it might look better to use Photoshop and code it yourself.

Or you may consider Wordpress CMS (content management system) to create blog or websites quickly. Many hosting companiess offer Fantastico auto install option and you can install Wordpress in seconds. Many sites are using Wordpress for its extensive plugins and it is good for SEO.

For hosting, you may have a look at some top hosting providers at www.reliablewebhosting.com .

Or you may buy templates and make changes to personalize your site.

Edited by ryukenden

Ryukenden,

you've quoted so many domain being sold at this and that price, but you have not mentioned anything at all that you have sold for £100,000 at least. (or are you still waiting for better offers ^_^ )

Your offer of elottories.com for at least £100,000 seems to be so generous in this billion dollar industry :D

Elotteries.com or my £100,000...it's really a tough choice -_-

Guess I'll keep my thousands (sorry for being a thousand short of your valuation) :D

Edited by psychforlife

@ryukenden

I would suggest Dreamweaver. You can download free trial from Adobe. For very professional sites, it might look better to use Photoshop and code it yourself.

Or you may consider Wordpress CMS (content management system) to create blog or websites quickly. Many hosting companiess offer Fantastico auto install option and you can install Wordpress in seconds. Many sites are using Wordpress for its extensive plugins and it is good for SEO.

For hosting, you may have a look at some top hosting providers at www.reliablewebhosting.com .

Thank you.

Would look at it and probably venture into something like this. Just wondering if I should join some course.

Ryukenden,

you've quoted so many domain being sold at this and that price, but you have not mentioned anything at all that you have sold for £100,000 at least. (or are you still waiting for better offers ^_^ )

Your offer of elottories.com for at least £100,000 seems to be so generous in this billion dollar industry :D

Elotteries.com or my £100,000...it's really a tough choice -_-

Guess I'll keep my thousands (sorry for being a thousand short of your valuation) :D

I have sold domains in xx,xxx each but couldn't disclose details due to NDA (non-disclosure agreements).

I know most likely you wouldn't consider it buying because £100,000 is a kind of investment big companies do. For big companies, they may pay upto mid xxx,xxx for such domains. e.g iCloud.com was sold for I think 5 to 7 millions to Apple.

@ryukenden

Thank you.

Would look at it and probably venture into something like this. Just wondering if I should join some course.

Yes, course would be better but you can buy guide book cheaply from Amazon.

Ryukenden,

Just bought www.national-lottery.eu.

for ?><><

Was it a wise choice. I would have bought www.national-lottery.com for xxx,xxx but they wont sell.

Did I make a wise choice? :)

Ryukenden,

Just bought www.national-lottery.eu.

for ?><><

Was it a wise choice. I would have bought www.national-lottery.com for xxx,xxx but they wont sell.

Did I make a wise choice? :)

Not bad but your domain got 1) .eu extension (.com is clearly the best and .eu is no where near .com) 2) hyphenated domain

I wouldn't not spend any time developing that domain personally.

It depends how much. If its 100,000,000 I'll buy a few mansions, holiday homes and a dozen of sports cars, and take a years sabbatical leave and arrange to have private tuitions for paper 3 and CASC, look for an ST4 post, become a consultant and establish a few private psych hospitals for politicians and celebrities :)

I would be happy with a DB9....me humble soul ;-)

If I won the lottery then I would give half of it to my parents and mother in law. I would also share the rest with my sister, sister in law and brother in law.Insane gets a brand new Beamer.Il make sure my kid has enough for the best education he can get.If Im left with anything then the missus gets to do with it as she pleases.Il probably plead for a SLK......DB9 is something I would not be allowed to get even if I had a Billion quid

If I won the lottery then I would give half of it to my parents and mother in law. I would also share the rest with my sister, sister in law and brother in law.Insane gets a brand new Beamer.Il make sure my kid has enough for the best education he can get.If Im left with anything then the missus gets to do with it as she pleases.Il probably plead for a SLK......DB9 is something I would not be allowed to get even if I had a Billion quid

Does the Home Minister have a say in what you buy and what you dont even when you have a billion quid ? tough times man.. tough times... now among all those names you mentioned that you'd gift stuff, where do people like Flak and I fit in ? what do we get... we dont mind even if it is 2nd hand ;)

my boss rules supreme hahahahhaha

sagz you get the car of your choice and a mega projecter connected to your console will all the top notch add ons

flak.....samjha kar na yaar

my boss rules supreme hahahahhaha

sagz you get the car of your choice and a mega projecter connected to your console will all the top notch add ons

flak.....samjha kar na yaar

Samajh samajh ke nasamajh ho gaya!

ahhhh.. thats excellent.. thanks man :)

i appreciate it !

I had been organizing a lottery syndicate for the past few months and I've been stuck which domain to use.

One is www.national-lottery.eu which I just developed with some sliders but is fairly new.

The other is www.uk-lotterysyndicate.com which has a PR1 from google which seems to be good.

Can anyone give an opinion which one seems to be better because I will not have time to develop them both.

The best answer will get a free trip to alton towers if we win the jackpot :D

I will lend 2 million to the royal college so that they can buy a new bulding and charge them 2000% APR

boss, the College doesnt need the money.. they are very rich as it is ;)

I would buy a van turn it into a campervan and tour the world... :)

Why not just buy a campervan?

If I won the lottery, I would buy a big garden and seriously consider being a gardener for the rest of my life!

Take care of all my friends n family debts mortgages etc.... 

Buy a big house, flash car. Go on a nice long holiday. 

Open up a business.

Then do some charity work abroad...

Actually, quit my job would be  first thing i do!!

I'd buy a can of coke and a Crunchie bar.