kreely

If you win the Lottery

81 posts in this topic

Perhaps one of my favourite things to dream about. Suppose I should probably start playing. First thing that I would do would be to book a first class, VIP trip for all my family to walt disney world. 

Reflected on this topic and my answer troubles me. 

Will quit my job asap and then would not know what to do with myself....

This post really excited me as just last weekend the lottery was won by 2 groups ( each group got 33 million pounds!)-of which one has only been announced today; Unfortunately I didn't buy the lotto ticket on this occasion having been unlucky the draw previously which with the benefit of hindsight seems like a shame because it could have been me- then maybe it wouldn't have-now we will never know.

I wouldn't quit my job as it has been a steep climb getting into training and there is always that sense of accomplishment with showing one has the brains and brawn to achieve competencies.

Winning the lottery would enable me re-discover the passion of truly living, studying without the pressure of financial stress. It would enhance my access to gadgets to ease the stress of life and yet still embrace my new craze of minimalism and in a sense altruism .

-Liquidity means holidays can be much more enjoyable and meaningful ;also work-life balance could be easier to negotiate as I have more cash to make the work stress ease out of my physical, spiritual and social being ( depending on what you subscribe to as the levels of being that a human has).

The temptation is to release one 's soul in many directions, chasing  after one's desires too quickly with a lose of discipline and distortion in sense of reality. Maybe the secret of bringing together all of what makes life meaningful can be found in this- to be able to hold oneself within reason when everything suggests that one no longer has to - the balance of living which after all is what psychiatry tries to achieve- but then if only I won the lottery would we be able to put the hypothesis to test in my case study -to run amok or not to run amok with the lottery money that would be the question?

Work 1 day a week and watch lots of sport

Or perhaps not

number 1 - don't go public

number 2 - enjoy the rest of my life, working as and when i wanted and travelling!