Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lawr

Combined CESR / CESR recognised internationally?

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Ive just cleared the MRCPsych and have 2 yrs of SHO substantive and half a year of SHO locum experience before I did many years of staff grade. All my education and training etc has been in the UK.

It looks like the route to being a consultant is safest via getting an ST4 job. But I wont be eligible then for CCT , but only "Combined CESR".

On the GMC website it says that CESR "may" be recognised by other European countries but not automatically like CCT.

Does anyone know anything more about this vagueness? how about Canada, Oz?

Is CESR going to be looked on as inferior to CCT ( despite GMC saying its equivalent)?

Thanks

I am not sure why everyone is so keen on other European countries? Will you learn another language just for the sake of working in another European state with failing economy and currency?? The only exception might be the Republic of Ireland as they speak English?? Please list what advantages in any other European country over the UK?

Ive wondered about France, switzerland, and spain as Im fluent in french and spanish. Skiing and beaches, good money in Switzerland. Grass is always greener lol

Edited by lawr