Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slartibartfast

personality disorder diagnosis - a short rant

5 posts in this topic

what is this personality disorder / PD diagnosis..

theres no personality disorder as a diagnosis.. its EUPD / borderline, narcissistic, dissocial/ASPD etc etc..

just because its a difficult patient doesnt mean they have a personality disorder (hehe.. ok.. they might).. but lets be professional and label the disorder and not just say PD in place of difficult patient..

letters from other doctors with personality disorder as the diagnosis make me cringe..

rant done.. back to business as usual.. :)

or if its difficult to pinpoint...

how about Cluster A, B or C... (DSM)

So I think I am 'Cluster B' (borderline/aspd)

theres no personality disorder as a diagnosis.. its EUPD / borderline, narcissistic, dissocial/ASPD etc etc..

just because its a difficult patient doesnt mean they have a personality disorder (hehe.. ok.. they might).. but lets be professional and label the disorder and not just say PD in place of difficult patient..

letters from other doctors with personality disorder as the diagnosis make me cringe..

rant done.. back to business as usual..  :)

New M.H Act will soon change the established habits and give PD diagnosis its due share of respect.

rant done.. back to business as usual..  :)

New M.H Act will soon change the established habits and give PD diagnosis its due share of respect.

the new mental health act or the modification is a massively right wing authoritarian piece of social control..

you can detain anybody and everybody on it.

ive never lost (i should use a different word really) a tribunal.. and ive been doing all my consultants tribunals since the last 4 years..

with the old act.. patients had a chance..

new act.. no way jose.. theyre buggered.. nature OR degree.. disorder of mind.. treatment available.. (not that it works or not)..

its a really nasty piece of work if you look at it..

That is one view.

I see it as a simpler and more flexible act.

Simpler definition - easy to interpret.

Community treatments - More humane way of managing some body in a more natural environment as opposed to in a hospital.

RC - Why not! We continously improve the psychotropics e.g Atypical from Typical etc and so why not improve the functioning of SW, beautiful Psychologists (mostly!), OTs. In my mind there is no difference in me prescribing Haloperidol or a Psychologist to a patient.

More safegaurds for patients - 'I do not like my nearest relative so find me a new one!', 'I have capacity so no ECT today for me doc'!

I want an independent advocate doc - 'yes you can have it'