Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elvis

Dublin is grand

6 posts in this topic

Ignoring the exam itself, I would recommend anyone to sit the exam in Dublin. The fact that it was a friendly environment with good facilities and lots of nice places to have lunch was such a bonus. The school we sat the exam was a bit noisy at breaktimes and one of the teachers was pretty scary when reprimanding us smokers (just like being in school all over again...). Despite that it was quite a small group and most folk were pretty sociable and there was more of a camaraderie than at the birmingham part 1. Certainly helped with the nerves. If i dont get it this time at least I know where I want to resit.

Elvis ;)

PS Thanks to Dermott, Dierdre and Ian for the craic at lunch.

i certainly wouldnt recommend DUBLIN at all

the exam centre is a school a cheap venue 4 the college the noise is bad and if u need to stay overnite b4 the march exams its usually St patricks weekend and the city is mad and noisey.

stay away!!!

(and i am irish!)

i would not recomend dublin, my personal experience is bad, i have heard the it was requested to college to change the venue but they did not listen as always

Well we will have to agree to disagree. There were only two breaks of about ten minutes where kids were playing. Think youre being a bit heavy handed on the college there (Im the first to criticise!)

Elvis ::)

No i dont work for the Irish Tourist Board. I stayed at the Fitzwilliam which was a paradise. Apart from one meal where I paid 60 euros for a steak (it was devine tho) it wasnt THAT bad. Id rather pay a bit extra and be pampered after seven months of boredom than go to certain other centres where the big excitement is a Happy Eater or Alan Partridge equivalent. Would be interested to hear from candidates at other centres.

Elvis ;)