Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DanD

Constitutions, our less than robust ones.

5 posts in this topic

OK, an unfair and irrelevant question that won't trouble most of us, but might have been asked of some of us by 'funny' senior colleagues. (Yes, I'm bitter that I can't work out the answer unaided) ahem: Can you section The Queen?

By my reckoning, she's subject to most statute in this country, being, as she is, not able to speed at will, execute at her leisure, and required, since the civil war, to respond to parliament's commands. However, she owns us, as subjects, and we swear (if we joined the scouts or came from Australia) to be loyal and obedient without a subclause about 'in the event of royal infirmity.' The place for protecting democracy by having special procedures for MPs in the MHA surely extends to royalty, after all, she signs all the statue, controls the armed forces, and owns the swans.

legalists are invited to comment, before all staff grades with s12 approval are placed in potentially treasonous positions.

Hmmm....

I lived in Australia for 13 years and *never* did I swear to be loyal and obedient to anyone.

That woman could do some serious damage with those swans. :lol:

we might be dealing with a psychiatric or mental illness. no one is immune to these illnesses. not even if she were the queen of the world let alone england.

i am sure the mental illness doenot know whether its a queen or a drug addict on the street it afflicts.

every case has to be dealt with on its own merits. one cannot let a queen or mp suffer from a psychiatric illness risking not only their lives but also others. i am sure the clause of neglect does not arise here.

George the third was pretty potty at times. I think they just turned a blind eye to his ramblings. Towards the end of his life I think the courtiers did begin to tell him he had no clothes on! (albeit politely of course). It has happened before, and I believe (but am not sure) there is a precedent for succession, but only used temporarily in old Georges case!

Besides there is still no written constitution in this country, but the Magna Carta, does stipulate that the monarch is not above the law. So I suppose, after my own mutterings, that I would section the Queen. (if I could find a sane next of kin, or an elusive ASW)  :o

I suppose she would come under the Gordon Hospital then!

oh shit, high treason is still a capital offence in this country, along with burning down Stonehouse Docks, Plymouth! :-/

a queen or a drug addict on the street

not wishing to say anything treasonable, but is it not possible these two could be the same person.....