Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gurpal

Unlimited attempts of MRCPsych exam now allowed

8 posts in this topic

From the Royal College website (click here for more info)

'The limitation of the number of attempts that candidates can make at the MRCPsych Part I has been removed by decision of the Court of Electors. Any candidate who can satisfy the eligibility requirements for entry to a future sitting of the examination, as specified in these Regulations, will therefore be allowed to do so. This includes those candidates previously deemed as Final Fail candidates. No further Final Fail notifications will now be issued.'

:)

this is delightful for the college, LOADS OF MONEY comes to mind.

but will we remain optimistic and finally secure those exams or will we leave and become gp's?

is it all too late?

does it matter if selective attention isnt remotely connected to pidgeon holeing?

i predict a pass rate of 42.4% in september regardless.

my unconcious wish is to see the college down 58% in income hehe...

Is this unlimited attempts at Part II as well and does it apply to just the written or the clinical bit too?

Yeah - Both both 1 & 2.

Of course for Clinicals. There was never ever a limit for theory!!!

To make it more clear - Now one can appear for theory or practicals INDEFINITE NUMBER OF TIMES! :-* :-*

Unlimited attempts? I so want to go through this again. If things dont go well on wednesday I may just go and work in a bar in Faliraki...

Good Luck!

Elvis 8)

Feeling All shook up...

Dear Elvis, Working in Faliraki sounds like a lot more fun than dealing with our maddies!!! :lol:

However, that dream is not goin gto happen, as WE'LL ALL GONNA PASS, ARNT'WE??

;):):D

GOOD LUCK TO EVER1 TAKING THE EXAMS TOMORROW (& LET'S GO DOWN TO THE PUB IN HAMMERSMITH - OR WHEREVER U'LL BE - HIGH STREET AFTERWARDS, RIGHT??)

Does it still mean, the two componenets of each (part 1&2) need to be passed together& One can not carry forward the theory result to next exam?

unfortunently yes,you still have to pass both components at the same attempt.

our rc is too slow resistant when it comes to changing rules,they will propably separate the components in 10 years time when they realize that people have moved to live in mars.