Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mananiso

angelman and prader willi

7 posts in this topic

this condition is caused by chromosomal deltion solely from the maternal source???

angle/ prader

what i understand is that, when the chromosomes of maternal origin is totally deleted than the baby has paternal chromsomes only so the baby will develp prader willi

and when there is a partial deletion of maternal chromsome he will develop angelman

i just can't differentiate them

any thing to help me out of this dilemma

Don't mind mate but I have to say that you have either gone too deep or too shallow in understanding this topic.....my advice is just look at it by way of answering it in next three days at exam n scoring your 1 mark....this question has high possibility of being tested in exam:

15th chromosome Comes from both parents.....at the region 15q 11-13 on this chromosome a deletion can occur leading to the above conditions....if it comes as a contribution from the mother it's causes Angelmann and if it from father it's PW.....these people still have the 46 chromosome like all of us.....no chromosome is deleted!

I have attached a photo for you of the 15th chromosome.....the red area is the deletion!

Best of luck mate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Angelman.PNG

2 people like this

Don't mind mate but I have to say that you have either gone too deep or too shallow in understanding this topic.....my advice is just look at it by way of answering it in next three days at exam n scoring your 1 mark....this question has high possibility of being tested in exam:

15th chromosome Comes from both parents.....at the region 15q 11-13 on this chromosome a deletion can occur leading to the above conditions....if it comes as a contribution from the mother it's causes Angelmann and if it from father it's PW.....these people still have the 46 chromosome like all of us.....no chromosome is deleted!

I have attached a photo for you of the 15th chromosome.....the red area is the deletion!

Best of luck mate

http://en.wikipedia....le:Angelman.PNG

and thank you so much, i know i am bothering myself with more details, thanks again, and good luck for you too

Best of luck mate

http://en.wikipedia....le:Angelman.PNG

and thank you so much, i know i am bothering myself with more details, thanks again, and good luck for you too

If it is from Mother or Maternal chromosome, it is AngelMan

If it is from Phather or Paternal origin, it is Prader Willi

3 people like this

Prader-willi - Father has a willi!

Angelman - Females are angels

Classic example of Genetic imprinting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0