Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dcosta_doc

Some help for my exam going friends....

17 posts in this topic

If this question comes in exam do come back and say thanks to me....

Utilization behavior (UB)

is a type of neurobehavioral disorder that involves patients grabbing objects in view and starting the 'appropriate' behavior associated with it at an 'inappropriate' time

social capital

is the expected collective or economic benefits derived from the preferential treatment and cooperation between individuals and groups

Disease burden

is the impact of a health problem on an area measured by financial cost, mortality, morbidity, or other indicators.

It is often quantified in terms of quality-adjusted life years (QALYs) or disability-adjusted life years (DALYs), both of which quantify the number of years lost due to disease

psychiatric disorders area in brain most active

Prefrontal cortex( not sure of this answer- if someone can check n tell us too plz)

Myelin Oligodendrocyte Glycoprotein (MOG)

is a glycoprotein believed to be important in the process of myelinization of nerves in the central nervous system (CNS).

In humans this protein is encoded by the MOG gene.

It is speculated to serve as a necessary “adhesion molecule” to provide structural integrity to the myelin sheath and is known to develop late on the oligodendrocyte

Post infectious hydrocephalus (PIHC)

may be caused by blockage of CSF flow at the aqueduct of Sylvius or

the outlets of the IVth ventricle,

blockage of flow within the subarachnoid spaces, or

an impediment to CSF absorption

dysthymia or dysthymic disorder

Standard mortality rate

SMR=12.12( do clarify this figure)

Evaluation of ADLs

There are several evaluation tools, such as

the Katz ADL scale,

the Lawton IADL scale and

the Bristol Activities of Daily Living Scale.

Most models of health care service use ADL evaluations in their practice

Roper-Logan-Tierney model of nursing, and

the resident-centered models, such as the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE).

The transcriptome

is the set of all RNA molecules, including mRNA, rRNA, tRNA, and other non-coding RNA produced in one or a population of cells.

Forced-swimming test:

The forced-swimming test (FST)is based on the observation that animals develop an immobile posture in an inescapable cylinder filled with water

Dark/light box:

The dark/light box test is also based on the rodents to brightly illuminated areas and on the spontaneous exploratory behaviour of the animals.

A natural conflict situation occurs when an animal is exposed to an unfamiliar environment or novel objects

The above/last two are based on Depression animal studies.....something in the line with the maze Model which has been tested in earlier exam

Experimental allergic encephalomyelitis (EAE)

is an animal model of CNS inflammation and demyelination frequently used to investigate potential MS treatments

This one I think has been asked quite often

A Consultant who used to work in the pharmaceutical industry once told me that they used the forced swimming test to trial antidepressants. Rats given antidepressants tended to swim for longer while rats not given antidepressants tended to give up earlier and drown!

P.S. Thanks for the heads up by the way. These are the kind of questions that I hate and am sure others do too. Most of them I have never heard of - typical college questions (Transcriptome my arse!)

Edited by Fishymedic

Dont waste much time on these.....just a quick look before exam.....if they get tested this time they might be game changer for some.....every mark counts.....best of luck folks!

Question tested out of these:

Disease burden

Social capital

Dysthymia Prevalence

In today's exam

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0