Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mananiso

6 months from passing paper3!!!!!!????.

8 posts in this topic

has anybody heard about the new regulations of the royal college regarding paper 3, i heardthat u must pass tnecascwithin 6 month from paper 3 orelseyou needto sitagain for paper3before youget anew chance to sitforthe casc!!!!!

any bodyknow anything about that?

i've read somewhere it's 18 months, so if you sat this paper 3, you have (provided you've done 24months of a training post) three attempts at the CASC before you have to re-do paper 3.

i think the 1643 days relates to the period before paper 1 expires. The duration for expiration of paper 2 is less than that, and obviously for paper 3 it's even less.

Sorry, no references, but on good authority!

i've read somewhere it's 18 months, so if you sat this paper 3, you have (provided you've done 24months of a training post) three attempts at the CASC before you have to re-do paper 3.

i think the 1643 days relates to the period before paper 1 expires. The duration for expiration of paper 2 is less than that, and obviously for paper 3 it's even less.

Sorry, no references, but on good authority!

Where do you get these information from??? It used to be the case a couple of years ago but I dont think this is now the case.

1 person likes this

well, we sent to royalcollege asking about that and they replied, that there is no such a thing,so dont worry all of you, every thing is the same as it used to be. sorry for the misunderstanding.

1 person likes this

There is a time limit for Paper 3:

Important Announcement

MRCPsych Written Paper Validity Period (effective January 2011)

Currently candidates are eligible to apply for the CASC once they have gained

appropriate experience in the practice of psychiatry and have passed all the knowledge

based papers. A pass in Paper 3 expires after 635 days at which point applicants have to

re-take and pass Paper 3 if they are to remain eligible to enter for the CASC. This is to

ensure that their knowledge is up-to-date.

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/MRCPsych%20Exams%20Eligibility%20Criteria%20and%20Regulations%20160212.pdf

Uve copy pasted the first para. The second states that the rules have changed and now it's 1600 something days

2 people like this

There is a time limit for Paper 3:

Important Announcement

MRCPsych Written Paper Validity Period (effective January 2011)

Currently candidates are eligible to apply for the CASC once they have gained

appropriate experience in the practice of psychiatry and have passed all the knowledge

based papers. A pass in Paper 3 expires after 635 days at which point applicants have to

re-take and pass Paper 3 if they are to remain eligible to enter for the CASC. This is to

ensure that their knowledge is up-to-date.

http://www.rcpsych.a...ions 160212.pdf

Read the full article my friend.

The rules havent changed for a while now.It is 1643 days from the time you first pass your written paper.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0