Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
9cramswell

The College has lost it!

7 posts in this topic

Our college is making a huge deal to try and make Psychiatry attractive for new graduates but its not good practice to slag off other specialities to try and make paychiatry attractive. Have a look at this advert about psychiatry (advertised by the college). The start of it slags surgeons and GP's indirectly. If it was the other way round they would of accused other colleges of being discriminate .

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/discoverpsychiatry/studentassociates/psychiatryinthemedia/videoarchives/recruitment.aspx

Edited by Tariq

Honestly I felt it's a bit cheesy but didn't get the idea of slagging?

Having said that, it appear as a video created by someone who tries to score a point on CV. Doesn't seem to me that it is going to attract many people to the profession.

Honestly I felt it's a bit cheesy but didn't get the idea of slagging?

Having said that, it appear as a video created by someone who tries to score a point on CV. Doesn't seem to me that it is going to attract many people to the profession.

I agree, the CT3 doctor said "you NEVER see 2 patients with the same diagnosis presenting in the same way". I wouldnt of chosen the word never but I see what he means.

I also produced a short film promoting psychiatry. My aim was to try and make an upbeat video and give a more positive picture of psychiatry and to touch upon some of the myths. It's not an in-depth analysis of psychiatry but meant to give med students and foundation trainees a taster of psychiatry.

I did suggest to the college to add it to the recruitment page but instead it's on the student associates page.

Anyhow, if you get a chance, check it out!

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/discoverpsychiatry/studentassociates.aspx

Nice video tanveer. I actually recognise one guy from the clip. He was a core trainee and then a staff grade in our trust.

having watched both side by side now, Tan's video is miles better.. not just in the varied points the participants raise but also in its production values - the editing, the background score, the way it keeps you interested, and lack of gimmicky stuff.. it is honest and straightforward..

1 person likes this

Who are we kidding? What's the need for advertising if the psychiatry in the Uk is so good?