Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beck

dcp ireland nov 2012

6 posts in this topic

hi,

i am writing dcp exam in nov 2012 , just wanted to know that if anyone from this forum

writing,

than may be we can plan together ...

let me know

bye

i passed this exam in 2005 ,my advise is to get the sample questions for the last 5 yrs from the RCPI,

royal college of physicians in ireland, and prepare the sample essays,also use a simple psychiatric textbook ,like notes in psychiatry by bird and birkley,or oxford textbook, ,also practice your case presentations,mental state examination, and full history taking under 1 hour well,you should be fine.

you may not easily get someone to practice with,you just have to use solo effort.

Thinking of doing Diploma in C Pscyh in Dublin May 2013. Is there anyone who can give me some info. I am aware of the exam and the fees.

Are there any courses to prepare for this exam? Is there anyone out there who is also considering doing this exam or has done this recently or is planning to do the November exam?

Be grateful for any advice/guidance/experience.

not sure of courses per se..

what i'd suggest is go through the Oxford Handbook of Psych as your material for preparation.. and ask for past papers from the College.. they will send a list of essay questions that have been asked over the past 5 years. You can then prepare accordingly. the MCQs are pretty much clinical and there is no space for baboons or raccoons or other obscure psychological theories in the MCQs..

it is fairly straightforward and entirely clinical in nature..

Hi roman,

i gave exam in nov 12 and passed,

1st few months before exams i requested for past questions for 15 euros, (just went to post office converted currency and posted it them with hand written letter) usual topics r depression, ssri, ect, dementia, substance misuse, eating disorder, schizophrenia

i read oxford handbook of psychiatry / some bit from oxford hand of gp ,for about 2 weeks tried to made heading so that rest i can write down myself,

Written exam has two sections essay and mcqs

Essays has two sections A and B, each with two question, out of which we have to answer one, 45 mins for each question and you get 10-15 page booklet,

mcqs 20 with five options and for ever option we need to answer true /false / not relevant

Next day is practical, 50 mins with patient, then 10 mins to write up,

30 mins with 1 psychiatrist and 1 gp , first 10 min present patient , then patient is bought in and you are asked to speak to patient for next 10 mins , final 10 min few more questions

its like mini ace which we do in uk

best thing is that you get results same day evening

best of luck

bye

Hi roman,

i gave exam in nov 12 and passed,

1st few months before exams i requested for past questions for 15 euros, (just went to post office converted currency and posted it them with hand written letter) usual topics r depression, ssri, ect, dementia, substance misuse, eating disorder, schizophrenia

i read oxford handbook of psychiatry / some bit from oxford hand of gp ,for about 2 weeks tried to made heading so that rest i can write down myself,

Written exam has two sections essay and mcqs

Essays has two sections A and B, each with two question, out of which we have to answer one, 45 mins for each question and you get 10-15 page booklet,

mcqs 20 with five options and for ever option we need to answer true /false / not relevant

Next day is practical, 50 mins with patient, then 10 mins to write up,

30 mins with 1 psychiatrist and 1 gp , first 10 min present patient , then patient is bought in and you are asked to speak to patient for next 10 mins , final 10 min few more questions

its like mini ace which we do in uk

best thing is that you get results same day evening

best of luck

bye

hi roman i am giving this october can u help me how to prepare for oscs?