Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrKkhan

did not pass...need a study partner

26 posts in this topic

very sad, i did not pass too.I wasnt expecting it. i need some time before restarting again, though i have no clue about what i should do further.

I thought I failed paper 2 but I passed and had a bit of hope for paper 3 but failed it..anyways need to start again so annoyed!!!

its so depressing. First time ever i failed in anything. I also do not know what more i could have done and now what i should do. I think stats was my downfall. I got extremely anxious during exam and lost my focus. I do not want this to happen again next time. Does anyone of you lives in london?

same here,failed it,don;t know what to do.may be the break up will give some idea?

1 person likes this

failed it the second time, though expected a pass after took exam. now also don't know what to do.

Same here guys! I didn't pass.

Guess its to go back to the drawing board.

Like my mother said- " take your mind off this now. Begin to prepare for the next sitting immediately"

We have no choice. One thing I know is we have to finish what we have started. This exam is "do-able"

1 person likes this

this exam i thought the mcq was ok and the extended matching was ok, but i guess the statistics did it again, this was my second attempt, i keep studying statistics and at the end i fail to answer the questions!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

nope. dont think anyone i know has recieved result post today.

so who wants to start revising stats???

i dont know for the moment,i might stzrt after getting the letter to know where do i stand, furthermore, i am still inthe shock stage, i still dont believe i didnt mak3 it. so i need to get the le:tter first.

I know how bad you are all feeling right now but don't give up. I have now passed all the papers but it has taken me 7 goes in total. If you have passed the other 2 papers you will get this one! I went on the spmm course and found it really helpful. Good luck!

Dont worry dkk ur day will come

I passed and the way I approached this paper was to focus on important bits of stats rather than the whole of spmm online and read around clinical topics

Hope this helps

All the best

congraulations makara!!! I hope and pray so. Would you recommend any course for stats?

Thanks Dkk I think just focus on the important topics rather than reading extensively as I found spmm too much to be honest.

I just focussed on the high yield and tried to get my head round basics.

For clinical topics,extensive reading is required

Hope this helps

Last time I failed for 2% and now for 0.5%. can any one advice me on how to prepare?

Passed all 3 in one go and I think SPMM mocks helped me a lot. Esp when taken in exam conditions. Plus there were a lot of repeats incl options.

does any body know how the mcq and emi marked for each question

Last time I failed for 2% and now for 0.5%. can any one advice me on how to prepare?

Hi

Sorry to hear that!

I passed the paper by just obtaining the cut off mark. Couldn't believe when I received the result. 0.1% less, I would have failed as well. 0.5 % less means that if you had done 2 other Qs right, you would have passed. I think the focus should be how you manage the Qs in exam. After finishing the exam, I thought if I had done EMIs first, I would have to some time to check the doubtful Qs. Statistics Qs took more time than I planned for!

I did only the past Qs and studied the relevant topics, that will give you the confidence of answering if the Qs are altered. And of course, I went to SPMM which helped me to understand the statistics. At least, we will be familiar with the topics and know what to expect! And doing the Manchester Mock Qs gave an idea of time management, though I have to say many Qs are repeated in the Mock exam sets

Finally, discussions in this forum helped me to engage in active study and to gain experience from others

Hope this helps!

I did not pass again, failed by 2 marks. Attended Spmm course but useless. Last attempt April 2012 my marks critical were 57% passing marks were 67% & now my marks 47% and pass marks 57%.

thinking should i appeal.

last april pass mark for paper 3 was 57, what about october pass mark, have they raised it to 67???

does anybodyknow what was the passing mark for paper 3 this time, because i did not receive my letter up till now,

the pass marks for the exam was 55% , 57% is the avarage score of canditate in critical apprasial section.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0