Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
emily34

LD Capacity link station-- talk to support worker about management plan

3 posts in this topic

I failed this old and was marked as "significant deviation from the task".

What I did: 1) explained the outcome of my assessment -- this man has no capacity mostly because he is psychotic... 2) we need to manage this under MCA...... 3) I am not sure about the urgency of this procedure... can we wait? can we reassess this patient? ... I need to discuss this with the medics... I gave different approaches depending on the urgency of the condition...

I don't understand where was the "deviation from the task"? Can anybody who has passed this one help me with this?

Many thanks!

2 people like this

I had this station too. to me the patient was disorientated ,confused and also psychotic. in the 2nd station Care coordinator said he could understand when things explain to him in simple language before becoming unwell. I went along the line of delirium due to blood loss. but I didn't explain properly that Delirium can be treated under MHA rather than MCA. I am still not sure whether this is the reason I failed this station. I passed the 1st sation the capacity assessment.

in the linked station i explained to key worker my MSE n that delusion of police trying to poison him so that why they want to put camera in his stomach i was decisve about this urgent decision cant wait i explained different part of capacity assessment understanding retaining information pros n cons n believing the doctors so my assessment that he s lacking capacity .......yes this legal because we work for pt best interest n this urgent situation no one can give consent for him.......