Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vertigo

Some Advise Please

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am an a real big problem of losing £ 9000

Briefly summarising

I had joined a Below Market Value AGENTS .paying £ 1800 as membership fees.Then paid £5500 as commissions and deposit towards buying a property, the terms and conditions of the contract was exchanges of contract before 29/09/12 ( process started on 1/08/12,) but the attacchment in the e-mail says 28 days from 01/08/12.

But I was promised verbally , the money would be refunded if the mortgage is declined.

The mortage got declined by 14 Sep and I was informed by 1 Oct by the agency dealing with the mortgage and I approached the BMV agents director on 6 Oct ,who promised verbally that he will refund the money.

Another chap spoked and made me pay another £ 2000 as reduced price for different property and would be refunded if I withdraw, after 2 days I realised I was being cheated and I withdraw and I was promised the refund.

So far I have e-mailed the director numerous times and left him messages , but he has declined to answer the e-mails or call me back.

So far £ 1800 + 5500+2000+ 600 the amount I have spent so far.

I have approached the Ombudsman,

Any other advise will be much appreciated, if you know of any solicitors please let me know

PLEASE BE CAREFUL BEOFORE INVESTING YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

I did not realise that there will such big fraudsters

Vertigo-

Contact local Citizens Advice Bureau CAB, who will, in the first instance, advise you about the ways to get the agency to respond to your letters. Hopefully, the issue should be resolved at that stage.

If not, don't lose hope. The agency will budge and own up the minute they realise you know the "law of the land."

Unfortunately, we all learn about the fraudsters and ways of cheating in this country a "hard way." But don't give up, document everything and ring CAB soon.

I have my reservations about jumping the loop here in response to rantdoc advice.

Thanks Guys

I had approached and they had advised me to write to Ombudsman.Thay have advised me to write a letter of compalint and wait for a response and should wait for 8 weeks.

It is almost 6 weeks no response from the company so far.I have alos writted to BBC watchdog.

But it is really depressing when so much money is at stake and uncertain what's going to happen

Thanks guys.

Write also to Radio 4 Moneybox, they are pretty good at giving advise and highlighting these issues