2 posts in this topic

How many half lifes does it take for a drug to reach plasma steady state

Choose one answer.

a. 3

b. 9

c. 2

d. 7

e. 5

A middle aged man with a history of schizophrenia and alcohol misuse was admitted to hospital and 3 days later he becomes confused and agitated, which of the following should you avoid?

Choose one answer.

a. Thiamine

b. Glucose

c. Benzodiazapines

d. SSRIs

e. Antipsychotic

Girl who is cooking with mother burnt her fingers and is scared of going near the cooker. Which of the following most likely explain her behavior?

Choose one answer.

a. Primack principle

b. Classical conditioning

c. Negative reinforcement

d. Positive reinforcement

e. Operant conditioning

I leared all my written papers but i'd like to answer

q1- it takes 4 to 5 half lives so 5 is the best answer

q2- amazingly it is GLUCOSE INFUSION that should be avoided ,

antipsychotics is not absolute contraindication even haloperidol may be indicated although it doesn't protect against rum fits it may even decrease seizure thereshold

the idea behind glucose that in cases of alcoholics you should always suspect Wernick's encephalopathy and glucose infusion will lead to thiamine depletion because it increases thiamine intracellular uptake which will predispose to Wernick's so it is mandatory to give thiamine before glucose infusion in such case

q3- you should state the girl's age in our exam n december 2011 the question said it was 3 years

in that case it is classical conditioning as experiences that lead to avoidance in young age are cases of classical conditioning

GOOD LUCK

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0