Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
corepsychiatry

psychothrapy station on 3rd day of casc exam 2012

4 posts in this topic

Could any bodt throw light on psychotherapy station on the 3rd day of casc exam 2012

Male with depression and job loss.Had 4 sessions of treatment not-specified.Find out if there is transferance phenomenon.Help the patient to make decision.

Any one who passed this station....please help!

i m preparing for casc so i m trying to practicing it here

hello i m dr .... i understand that u r recieving a therapy and u dont want to continue anymore can u tell me more about this?

i m here to help u if there anything i can do to make u feel better by the end it s ur decision so can u tell me what type of therapy do hav?

is there any change in ur life recenlty i mean like moving away? or the session interfiring with ur work?

do u ve any financial difficulties so u cant afford therapy?

what about therapist do u think he s expert in therapy? do u trust him?

can u tell me more about ur social situation? r u working ? r u in relationship? what about family?

mrs.... from what u said it seem to me that u r having what we called transference..... its when u ve a strong emotional attitude toward important person in ur life like ur father this may affect any relathionship like ur partner n ur boss or ur therapist

so if u decide to avoid dealing with emotional conflict with ur therapist now it ll manifest later in any future relationship

the best thing now that u discuss this conflict with ur therapist n work on it so u can deal with what do think

mrs .... thank u for talking with me today we discuss your decision to stop therapy because of ur emotional attitude n transference n that u need to discuss this ur therapist thank u

1 person likes this

in this scenario the patient see therapist as lacking emotion n trying to control her she had the same prblem with her father also her partner n her boss at work

what do u think?

IN SPMM construct last 2 points

transference shows awarness and senstivity that the transference toward therapist may be repeated in the present sitting with the examining psychiatrist

shows awarness and is able to elicit that in fact this is asituation which patient tends to repeat

information which is helpful for the psychiatristnto be able to make an informed decision whether the patient return to psychotherapy

i m not sure what that suppose to mean ?any suggestion?