Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
capelway

Visa for infant born abroad

12 posts in this topic

Hi Guys..

I would appreciate some help with the following query, please.

We had our baby earlier this month in India and the plan is to bring our infant to the UK in the summer.

Myself and the wife both have ILR (granted in January 2011).

I was going through the SET F form in the border agency website and it says nothing about maintenance funds.

Is it mandatory to maintain funds in the bank account prior to submitting the application for my child?

I am aware of the other original documents that I need to furnish and the fee.

Has anyone been through this recently and if yes, could you also advice on the timescale in India to get the visa back?

Many thanks :)

Edited by capelway

I am kinda of in a similar position; so got the following from a Travel agent in India recently - but haven't had a chance to use it yet !

Details for UK Settlement Visa - Child

Documents from Sponsor UK

• Invitation Letter from parents
  • Employer letter mentioning their annual gross salary (original)
  • Employment contract (original)
  • Passport copy of sponsor with all the UK visa pages (father & mother)
  • Land registry copy or Tenancy agreement copy with utility bills
  • Salary slip and Bank Statements last 6 months (original)
  • Recent P60 (Original)
  • Marriage Certificate (Original)

Documents from Applicant

• Passport original
    • Photo - 3.5 X 4.5, white background, 2 nos
    • Birth Certificate (original)
    • Processing time is 3 months
    • Applicant should undergo pre-entry (TB) screening at ***** hospital, *********** and obtain a certificate, this certificate should be submitted along with the visa application #
    • Visa Fees: 75007/- payable at UK VFS

Pls Note:

Online visa application should be prepared and an appointment should be schedule for submission.

Applicant should be present in person at the UK VFS at the time of submission.

# Every state has been assigned 1 or 2 hospitals for the medical screening - I am not sure what tests they are going to do for a 2 or 3 month old.

They couldn't specify which form use, but will try to get the details soon.

Also mentioned that it may take 8-10 weeks for getting the visa once we apply through the VFS

hope this helps, any more additions welcome as I also need this in the near future.

1 person likes this

Thanks very much for your reply, mtas baby.

I thought nobody had the info, so didnt check the site for a while!

It certainly looks cumbersome than what i thought it would originally be :(

Are you sure about the waiting period? It seems really lengthy and unacceptable and I also wonder what test they could do to rule out TB in a baby?! Just checking for the bcg scar seems sensible and anything more than that is ridiculous :( :(

Thanks again for your post and if I gather more info I will share in this thread for sure..

Edited by capelway

No worries capelway,

Re. the waiting times, I guess the travel agents quoted the general waiting time for dependent visa.....

The Hospital screening is again, probably aimed at grown ups, but it's apparently now mandatory for everyone - thing is only certain hospitals are in their list and the nearest one to my town is 250kms away and will take circa 6 hours one way - so not sure when we will make that journey, yet !!!!!!!

Just to add, my first one was born in India 4 years back and at the time, it was a pretty straight forward process - the travel agent did everything, and we didn't have to attend ANY interviews/ appts - even the vfs one at the time as the rules were pretty clear for the new born.

All the best anyway and advanced Congrats on the new arrival.

Edited by MTAS_BABY

Many thanks for the wishes, mtas baby.

I can only hope that the waiting time isnt too long and the screening process doesnt involve something ridiculous like a chest x-ray!!

:blink:

Hi Gents,

we applied for our son's (1.5 month old at the time of application, both of us have ILR) visa and it has now been 3 weeks since we applied. Any clue how long it is taking to get an infant settlement visa these days?

Just missing out on my son's rapidly chaning antics!

many thanks

India UK you should have applied for british nationality for your son.

Thanks rantdoc. I know if we had got the baby delivered in the UK, he would have been a british citizen. But we went for delivery in india and therefore had to apply for his settlement visa.

It is just the uncertain wait that is unsettling. Wish I knew how long we have to wait for the visa.

hi india_uk

i hope you have got the visa for your son.

on an average, i heard that it could take up to 2 months for processing.

please get back if this is not the case as i am going to apply in the near future.

thanks

Hi. I have not received my son's visa yet. It has now been 8 weeks and still waiting!

Hi I recently applied in india for my son. It too average 56 working days ( 3months  excluding the sat/sun and holidays in india)

I hope it helps

Thanks very much for the info, Siva.

3 months is too long i guess :(