Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sipper

Revalidation This year !!

6 posts in this topic

Just wondered if others here have recd letters from GMC with revalidation dates. I know some of my ST4, 5 colleagues have. Some as far as 2016 and 2018. I am ST6 and my CCT is due end of the year and date of Revalidation is also the same i.e Dec 2013.

Anybody in similar position? Will my portfolio for ARCP suffice?

• The only thing I can see that you may not have as an ST6 but is ESSENTIAL for revalidation is patient feedback. Check with your TPD and find some way of getting this done.

Don't worry, your ARCP will suffice for revalidation.

Thanks for your replies. I assumed it would..but I was under the impression that early on the medical leaders would be revalidated etc...lol!!

Thinking about it, if someone follows a "coventional" career, and goes straight into a CT1 post after FY2, then revalidation will be due at about the same time as they will be going through the CASC, which will be nice!

This pdf from the GMC shows that generally you should be revalidated at the point of CCT, and this essentially says ARCP will be fine, although they may ask some for some other views.

http://www.gmc-uk.org/Information_doctors_in_training.pdf_50256022.pdf

Thats helpful, so hopefully not much more than the ARCP..thats good, should be okay for another 5 after that..that is if they do let me!!