Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sagirparkar

F1 2013

26 posts in this topic

saw the free practice timings and Red Bull are sitting pretty at the top of the pile already.... looks like nothing much has changed in the pecking order..

rest of the grid was all mixed up.. despite reports of Mercedes' speed, just as last years results from pre-season testing, i doubt if they will make a consistent impact.. Ferrari and Renault to me will be RB's main competitors this year..

cant wait for the qualifying tomorrow morning !!!

I wont write Mclaren off....Jenson Button on his day can take on any in the field. However, i sense it will be another battle between Vettel and Alonso again. If Alonso can drive as near as he did last year in this year's car, he'll be unstoppable.

I'll be surprised if Lewis gets a podium not to talk of wins that the media are already talking of.

watching highlights of race now... only cos i watched the race half asleep :P

and in the preview, the TV presenters continue to favour Lewis over Button.. either they are just dumb or it is probably their ignorance of what makes a good driver.. Speed and an aggressive streak on its own is not sufficient.. he lacks the discipline that Vettel, Alonso, Button and Kimi have..

Kimi's overtake of Lewis on the outside early in the race was just FANTASTIC to watch... as was evident last season, the Iceman has truly returned..

now off to watch the highlights of the race..

Kimi, you beauty !!!

thats all i can say after watching the race.. spectacular overtake on Hamilton and then consistent driving.. good strategy by Renault too.. and the car handled the tyres surprisingly well...

and rare show of emotion from Kimi after winning the race too - he SMILED ! his short answers are still classic..

good show by Force India too and i have a feeling they might end up 5th in the constructors' standings this year..

drivers will be a 3-way fight between Kimi, Alonso and Vettel..

the others might not even bother turning up.. hehe..

didnt manage to watch the whole race but saw the 2nd half of it.. and man, not a good day for team mates !

i personally thought Vettel's tussle with Webber was great to watch.. it was brilliant racing with two committed drivers wanting to edge ahead... been a long time since we saw stuff like that spread over a good few corners... shame then that Ross Brawn deprived us of another dog fight by asking Nico to hang back behind Hamilton...

team orders may be needed sometimes but they mostly suck ! i see no reason why Rosberg couldnt overtake Hamilton when he was able to go faster.. it was hamilton who had a fuel problem, which is Mercedes' fault but does not justify them asking Nico not to overtake jst cos Hamilton was asked to go slow... that was just stupid..

Red Bull on the other hand usually let their guys race and today they had a valid reason to ask the drivers to tone it down as they had very high tyre wear last weekend.. but then Vettel being himself, couldnt resist the risk of ignoring the orders.. and it was very nice of RB not to intervene too much during the course of the race..

Feel bad for the Force india guys.. mechanical problems with wheel nut.. or probably the gun that drives it into place.. not sure what it was but they were looking good for a points finish for both car..

also feel bad for Button, who once again through McLaren's incompetence, has lost out.. saw this atleast twice last year when the car was released with a loose wheel. they need to ramp up their game and improve on consistency...

Webber was very open about his feelings in the drivers room and then on the podium too and he has cause for grievance yes.. but if he wants to emerge as the victor in the battle of team-mates, then he needs to get aggressive and stop being nice guy.. nice guys dont get anything by default..

Entirely agree with you, and i thought a really good race is once again over shadowed by so called team orders.

Is F1 really for fans or for the teams/ sponsors? If for fans, then all fans want to see drivers race...that's why they sit in the car. I was bitterly disappointed with Mercedes team order, as well as RB coming out to villify Vettel. This is becoming really stupid and ridiculous.

At the end, we ended up having no one on the podium feeling happy. Vettel disobeyed and ended up with him and Webber unhappy. Rosberg obeyed, but he and Hamilton werent happy. Fans are all unhappy, Only the team bosses were happy.

A really true champion has to be ruthless, a quality Vettel showed today, which i admire him for. You'll find the same in Schumacher, Alonso, and dare i say Hamilton. That unfortunately is one reason Webber is not fulfulling his potential in a very fast car.

I'm fast losing interest in a sport that keeps changing its rules yearly and refusing to let participants do what fans have paid to watch - see them compete!!

yep.. if you read comments on the BBC site, about 98% are against Vettel calling him selfish and arrogant.. i do not personally think that he is a person of that description.. Hamilton is though and you can see that in his eyes and the manner in which he talks.. Vettel is committed though to his vocation and his passion for racing is matched only by Alonso and Kimi on the grid and to some extent Hamilton, although i believe he does it for personal glory than anything else.. and when he apologised on camera later on he sounded very sincere and genuinely apologetic rather than the corporate of being sorry.

F1 is a sport of passion and adrenaline and people should be forgiven for going with the flow.. the theme should be that a driver should be penalised where it hurts most - points... if Vettel had burned off his tyres as a result of that scrap, then so be it. he loses the points. Webber secures a win courtesy of balanced driving.. i do not see any justification for blasting him the way they did..

give me a ruthless competitor anyday.. i have no patience for the "yes sir, 3 bags full sir" kind of attitude in a competitive sport where not only skill but mental toughness matter. i want to see wheel to wheel racing, of course with due respect to your opponent.. and that is what we got in this one with Vettel n Webber.. and with Kimi and Hamilton in the last race.. not the way Hamilton went after Massa and Maldonado in 2011..

F1 till the mid 90s had a lot of that with some great personalities and attitudes thrown in to the mix.. and that is what made F1 exciting..

watched two races' highlights today - China and Bahrain..

thoroughly spoilt as both the races had some fantastic moves and some great wheel to wheel racing in Bahrain... brilliant spectacle !!!

shame therefore that the Bahrain GP has had to be held amidst a lot of protests in the country and goes ahead despite calls for F1 to take a stand..

a 3 week break to the race in Spain now.. and the European leg of the tour will bring us some new upgrades by the teams and hopefully some more brilliant racing... 

Really enjoyed watching the race today, it was full of overtaking manoeuvres which all fans want to watch. Vettel's pass on Alonso shows once again what a ruthless and skillful driver he is, in the same mould as Alonso. Very unfortunate for Alonso with the DRS problem as i believe he would have given Vettel a tougher ride than he had.

McLaren are looking so far off the pace and cant see them challenging for the constructor title this year.

yeah.. was a shame for Ferrari, both of whose cars had mechanical issues.. weird in which the way Massa's tyre kept delaminating.. 

despite Alonso's DRS wing issue and the 2 extra needless pitstops, he did well to finish where he did.. he really is a terrific driver..

watching Alonso, Vettel and Kimi you get an idea of how these 3 are way ahead in terms of skill from the rest of the field... 

good finish for Force India too at 4th.. would have liked to see them on the podium but i guess Grosjean was too quick for diResta towards the end..  as his efforts have kept Force India on the 5th spot above McLaren.. and i sincerely wish that they finish the year in that position too..  ;)

good win for Alonso and Ferrari.. wonderful overtaking moves from both Alonso and Kimi in the race...  alonso on Hamilton early on was very special... and then so was Kimi's move on Vettel.. man, the commitment was faultless....

points table looking very competitive now with about 17 points separating the top 3... 

i am damn too excited about the rest of the season !

Truly brilliant from alonso- started way down and finished first- superb

Monaco as a F1 racing circuit should be discontinued... seriously, the number of collisions that take place there.. i understand that in order to win or finish well, you have to be very brilliant technically and have little margin for error but serisouly, there is no racing spectacle either.. 

Perez tried to liven things up and twice overtook at the Nouvelle chicane but on both occasions, he was in a little bit of hot water.. and then when he tried the same against Kimi, both ended up paying the price...  

there are barely any places on that circuit to overtake and then there are some really blind corners and turns too... awful circuit for racing..

good win for Rosberg, very controlled.. but i doubt if he had had the same result if the circuit was slightly wider and open where others could push him.. then tyre wear would come into play...  

and ohh... news recently emerged that Mercedes had a 'secret' tyre test after the race at Barcelona.. wonder what the FIA makes of that now.. esp given that mid-season testing is prohibited..

I have long stopped watching Monaco ......it's not racing but a procession of fast cars.

and they cant even go as fast as they can... all those turns, tight corners, barriers, safety cars etc keep getting in the way or proper racing.. for all the emphasis F1 lays on safety, i am surprised, they allow the Monaco race to continue as it is..

much MUCH better race at Canada today... and Bernie says that its future is in jeopardy !!!

that guy is very greedy.. and if anything, HE will be the ruin of Formula 1...

Alonso was absolutely brilliant today and showed some fantastic overtaking moves.. brilliant drive from him to finish 2nd after starting 5 or 6 on the grid... Felt bad for Kimi though, he could have finished higher.. so also Sutil, who got a drive through penalty... overall good showing by force india, who once again outdid McLaren... gap between two teams is in excess of 10 points now, with McLaren showing no signs of significant improvement.. diResta drove wonderfully to finish where he did from such a low position on the grid.. well done to the lad !

Silverstone next.. and the battle for the front row will once again be between Red Bull and Mercedes. Alonso will be the surprise package once again... :)

Edited by SagirParkar

Vettel led from start to finish, but it was Alonso who was really brilliant today, getting past Webber and Hamilton. Kimi paid he price for lotus using one stop strategy with Massa overtaking him in the dying minutes of the race

good race at Nurburgring today... in all the Wimbledon excitement, F1 was relegated to 2nd place.. watched the highlights and man, what a fantastic drive from Vettel and Kimi.. fantastic start by the RB's, feel sad for Webber for that stupid pit stop of his..

Vettel extends his championship lead.. Kimi jumps to 2nd position in the tally now.. he could probably have overtaken Vettel if there were 3-5 laps more.. but then, if wishes were horses, etc etc..

some really good moves as well, something we always like to see in racing...

at the end, Grosjean started drinking the champagne and then realised he was supposed to spray it around first.. hehehe.. but nice result for him too.. the guy is talented but wastes it all with some ridiculous collisions..

Grosjean's act was really funny, but good race from him. Also I thought Webber did extremely well to finish 7th after that trouble he had at the pit stop. Of course, the safety car helped him. But superb from Vettel- can anybody stop him running away with the title again?

good race at Spa..  but then Spa is always special :)

however, the race wasnt too spectacular.. 

Vettel was dominant.. i dont think anyone in the media would have guessed that after the qualifying session.. and as usual, Mercedes does well in the qualis and then peters out in the actual race... i thought Alonso drove well too to finish 2nd after his start from 8th or so.. 

bad luck for Kimi and then DiResta.. i thought Force india could finish both cars in top 10 but alas... 

Monza next is it ?

important message... 

As my days in UK are now numbered, i have started packing my stuff and am trying to give away quite a few things...some of them to friends, some to charity, etc etc..

one item i wanted to ask around here first is a 2006 edition of a replica Williams F1 car, complete with original packaging and still attached to its base.. in short, it is still in mint condition. 

the model is FW27

pics attached...

if anyone is interested in giving it a new home please let me know.. i will post it if you can't collect it in person.

post-806-0-86726700-1377801426_thumb.jpg

post-806-0-74500300-1377801603_thumb.jpg

Edited by SagirParkar

Vettel creating one record after another. Now he has won 9 races in a row! Wonder how many more championship titles he will win before he retires. Sad to see webber go- good race for him today- I wished he had won his final race, but a podium finish is a good way to go.

this is becoming a Red Bull show just like we had the Ferrari show last decade... 

F1 needs to stay competitive among the teams.. 

but well done to Vettel.. he didnt have it too easy at the beginning of the season but he sure did dominate later on. !

Heard of Schumi's crash..

man, what a freak one in life.. the guy raced fast cars and had his fair share of accidents during the past 20 years.. however none of them were as dangerous as this skiing one..

hope he gets better and back on his feet soon... at least he should be able to celebrate his b'day properly !

Doesnt sound too good...he's fighting for his life. I hope we hear some good news soon.