Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mka2006

St4 old age interviews

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone had an interview for ST4 Old Age and willing to feedback on station 3 clinical interaction with the relative.

I got st4 offer in old age.the relative wants to see the consultant.she would ask you why the consultant is not there.than she would go on to press you on wether her father has dementia or not. Than one needs to explain vas dementia. She would say what medications would we give to treat it.than she would go on to mentions that she lives 100miles away and who would look after her father.she also enquires about the investigations including ct scan.if one stiks to the bio psycho socio approach talking about managing risk factors, cognitive re training involving psychologist.than the mdt I.e admiral nurses,ot and social worker.at the end say that I can provide her with written info and explain things again at a later date if any thing crops in her mind after going through the info

Thank you very much for taking the time to write that information and well done on your success.