Gurpal

Google Glass

18 posts in this topic

Engadget have posted a review of Google Glass - read here.

glass-wearing-2013-04-26-619.jpg

Can anyone imagine routinely wearing something like this? I like the idea of information being imposed on my field of vision - very Terminator-like - but the glasses get in the way.

question is, when will you be getting one ???

i know i will at some stage after it is available for the general public next year...  :)

initially it will meet with a lot of resistance in public places but i suspect with time (few years, no more) it will be accepted as a mainstream accessory. 

1 person likes this

Thought this might answer some questions

haha.. that is a good video... ofcourse, it was made as part of the promotion before the dev kits were distributed.  :)

Thought this might answer some questions

LOL. Great find.

Lol...couldn't stop laughing at work

it seriously is beyond kool...definately on my wish list :)

The Google Glass Photographer.

hehee... nice to see people are enjoying their Google Glass.. mock as much as they want, light hearted of course, but the tech is here to stay and will steadily grow and be part of our lives..  maybe with a hefty dose of regulation around it

It's inevitable that we'll be using similar technology in the future. I watched Minority Report a few days ago and it's scary how much of the tech in that film that seemed so futuristic then is now in everyday use - the touch interface, retina scans, etc.

1 person likes this

It's inevitable that we'll be using similar technology in the future. I watched Minority Report a few days ago and it's scary how much of the tech in that film that seemed so futuristic then is now in everyday use - the touch interface, retina scans, etc.

yep and gesture based controls are only in their fledgling infancy... we have the Kinect... and then there was that other software where any surface can be made to recognise gestures.. cant remember the name now.. but PA posted the link in another thread few weeks ago.

Speaking of minority report, I watched Mission IMpossible and even they had google glasses :P

Iron man 3 had this 3d image of the milky way and someone's brain.... and honestly, even that may be possible in the near future... very soon we will go down the matrix way... and if one has to be a glasshole to pave the way for the future, then so be it. Should we head a special interest group on the ethical use and benefits of google glass during a consultation??

Gone, but maybe not forever...

Although I was curious, it was wayyyy to expensive for anyone but the very committed, very affluent or very gullible to try...

it will return.. perhaps with a newer better sleeker design.. 

Google Glass is too cool to just die out like a damp squib.

google glass needs few more years before it can become wearable, eheh...