Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcqcrap

how to cope during the waiting period

10 posts in this topic

hi folks,

was just thinking of ways to help me cope during this waiting period.any suggestions!!! ;)

watch lots of movies you always meant to see but never did. Getting these at Virgin has the added advantage of being able to collect airmiles. I have enough for 2 return flights already...

keep smiling old boy.

Elvis :lol:

i have been researching on getting a digital camera it gives me atleast 3 to 4 hrs of respite from thoughts of exam and also getting to know lots of technical terms and jargons used in photography( i will probably end up buying an autofocus one!!!!)

i also have been researching for cheap flights to go on a break after the news (to drown the sorrow or celebrate) and ended up booking a flight to newyork to travel on x mas eve.

internet a real distraction

lets hope for the best good luck!!!!

movies yes good,but i think internet is cool.

I also decided to get involved in detail reg my Car MOT.I did some shopping around for a car part and at the end got a ggod bargain,avoided paying a lot for my moT man.

also increased my knowledge reg rules about MOT

By the way...is applying for SpR posts one of the ways to cope? ???

I would recommend embarking on a project that has guaranteed success. To that end I am on a fitness regime, and have lost 1/4 stone !! :o :o :oIf I can be down to 11 stone (? too much information) by the time the results come out, hopefully that will offset any disappointment ??? Having said that, too much delayed gratification is definately bad news, so am having some ginger wine to compensate. Have had one exam dream since the dreaded day and woke up tossing and turning - though consoled myself with the thought of all the calories burned.....I'm sure Freud had a word for this... :o

;)get out of your ususal enviornment - i took a cheap flight to spain for a week - good vino, good food, good company, lots of space and lots of shops combined - a world outside of pmp flashbacks! Would have to really concentrate to remember the details of the dreaded day - the Mediteraneans know what quality of life is.

If you havn't a weeks holds left try a weekend city break anywhere in Europe - Prague, Vienna, Paris (even wet but sociable Dublin) - guaranteed to change the focus and hopefully we'll all get through this hoop in the bastacle course which is membership exams! :)

meant 'obstacle' course in that last sentence - freudian slip? 8)