Happydoc

Are they listening?

5 posts in this topic

I was tuned into Radio 4 yesterday, An A&E Consultant was telling the BBC journalist that in this particular hospital, Wigan I think it was, they had only 16% of the required number of doctors as they could not recruit. He said many able doctors were emigrating because of the conditions.

We know this is true now for Psychiatry. There is an acute crisis. I am sure this is true for other specialties as well.

Numbers are low, morale is lower.

Is any one listening?

things were different a decade ago when drs from developing countries used to migrate to uk and usa.

now things have changed in developing countries like india and the drs are now returning back.

Good news! More locum opportunities!

Apart from doctors from India returning back, the big elephant in the room is the appalling state of (lack of) primary care. Patients have no choice but to end up in A&E.

If they are, I bet they are already starting work on the Beatles remixes. I dont know if youve noticed, but a certain someone has been quite outspoken about wanting remixes.

If you want to find out more info on How do you win the Mega Ball look into our site