• Psychotherapy
    • Psychopharmacology
  2. 2. How difficult was the exam?

• Very easy, no problems answering the questions
    • Easy, a minority of questions were difficult
    • Reasonable, 50:50
    • Difficult, guessed the majority of answers
    • Impossible, guessed nearly all the answers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

215 posts in this topic

statistic graph on the income level of the countries and the prevalence of mental illness

this was a repeat and had all the question related to it

1. which country is an outliner- Italy

2. which country has the highest inequality(or equality)-USA

3. what the study is aiming to understand- income inequality and prevalence of mental illness

the question about what is the psychological process in a celibacy

repression

altruism

-

-

-

I dint know what a celibacy was until 8th October 2013; thank god I answered this paper and realised this new English word :angry:

the question about what is the psychological process in a celibacy

repression

altruism

-

-

-

I dint know what a celibacy was until 8th October 2013; thank god I answered this paper and realised this new English word :angry:

thanks to MRCPsych as at the end I will be more of an Englishmen and a statistician.......they finally realised its not worthwhile making a Psychiatrist!

or rather,

there are too many psychiatrist and we exam goers were ideal candidates to become psy patients......already feeling the 'PTSD' coming

1 person likes this

sorry Gurpal for drifting from the topic:

another question linked to a research study about medical students in year one and following them up in a year in year two. they were evaluated for their view about motivation in medical career(this wasn't at all similar to the study about Asian students and the negative view towards them)

so the question linked to this include

1. what is the study trying to understand

2. what type of study is it- (I marked it as cohort)

3. and than the joke of all joke a completely distorted definition of '''opportunity cost''- 5 options were given and none of them sound anything close to what we thought opportunity cost was

there was an emi that expected to mark the different features in:

1. William syndrome 3 options required(I remember socialable was one of my answers, there were other option like self harm, LD, seizures and so on)

2. I think the next one was prader willi- and I remember choosing the self harm bit(but you had to choose two options here too, don't remember which was the other one I picked)

3. tuberous sclerosis

than comes my most favourite (but I wasn't happy with it becoz I had just 5 min before I marked it-)

EMI on personality disorder

the scenario were almost similar to the ones given in the courses

1. I am sure was paranoid personality- guy having problem with all his neighbour, doesn't trust relatives, problem with job, and some issue with council

2. borderline- this scenario was described as if a full mental status was performed for a 136 but of course we can never miss a borderline

3. narcistic personality- this description was similar to the one in the courses, man having left several job, fallen out with family, sons in high flying jobs, loads of money in stock, and all the I m the best type picture

Celibacy: abstinence from sexual relationship by reason of religious  vows or sometimes personal reasons.

Asceticism lifestyle characterized by abstinence from various worldly pleasures.

Q: defence mechanism for celibacy:

Altruism

Asceticism

repression

in one of the previous recalls an option about deleted segment from maternal source also featured- the answer Angelmann

1 person likes this

Celibacy: abstinence from sexual relationship by reason of religious  vows or sometimes personal reasons.

Asceticism lifestyle characterized by abstinence from various worldly pleasures.

Q: defence mechanism for celibacy:

Altruism

Asceticism

repression

Brilliant.....more English to learn!

sorry not trying to mock......just frustrated......you are absolutely right(I did check on this one)

there was a forest graph on various RCT comparing placebo against lithium for relapse rate

they had given the various studies - I think around 6 or 7 comparing the two and obviously lithium was shown to be superior

rascals never asked what type of graph in any question(and I was so longing for such a question and to score one mark)

they asked 6 question on calculating

1. overall risk of relapse in the placebo group which I thought was the number of relapse over the total number of people in the placebo

2. eer in the lithium group

3. arr in the overall study

4. proportion who relapsed in lithium group

5. NNT

6. and one more I think about which study was better or something on that line

Guys I think the 10month pregnant lady wants to stop methadone and I think she gave a reason as well which I dont remember. There was a choice of switch to buprenorphine as well!!!!!!

ROC graph with sensitivity given and asked to find specificity !

Thing to remember that graph will give 1-sp NOT sp !

Options were

0.2*

Another question was about the most suggestive of previous CVA symptoms ( known Q from spmm)

Clonus *

Can't recall others !!!!!

Hated EMI about old age depression:

1- morning head aches, irritability, memory prob for 2 mnths, some other story added too bla bla bla...... I selected organic depression

2- personality changes, memory only short term eff, long story here too

3- some probs with money sense , lost job etc etc

Options were

dementia

MCI

Organic depression

Bewng dementia

1 person likes this

I think the first was depression with somatic synderomesecond wad MCI and the third one might be dementia. Ages were a clue in them as well coz the last lady was 76

Also ROC curve question . I remember the sensitivity 80% matched with 20%on the graph ,hence speceficity was 80% in it (sibstract from 1)

There was a question about hand wrigging movements ....... Retts synderome

Another one test to determine hetrogeniety and I think it is chi square

Disulfirum prescription and the test before you start it.......... LFTs

I hate that EMI about carer distress

Yes i hated that carers EMI.. gagain what was the logic....)

Dr mam u rright it seemed pregnant lady wanted to stop methadone there and than,if it was simply giving adivce it would have been straight forward....)

Sorry not sure if someone said these already -

A depressed woman thinks its everyone around her is depressed and she feels fine. Choose the defence mechanism-

1. Denial

2. Externalisation *

3. Projective identification

I thought projective id would be if others actually were feeling depressed because of her projection, rather than her just perceiving it that way.

Best two antidepressants for man who hasn't responded to ssri who just so happens to have chronic pain and prostate problems

- amitriptyline and duloxetine?

Best anti-d for sexual probs

- mirtazapine but didn't know second one

Can't believe i learned that table of sixteen for t test, friedman, cochrane q, wilcox etc and i knew all the right tests for the example questions, and none of them came up grr!

There was a question about a woman who is bloated, vomiting , abdominal pain , abnormal faeces .......

Choices were

Ceilic disease

IBS

???

Another one elderly person with intestinal bleeding

Amitriptyline

Fluoxetine*

Another one

You are writing a report for an exhibitionist ,what will be a prognostic factor that he will not do again

Cbt

Court appearance **

1)Defence mechanism in celibacy?

Altruism

Repression

Aesthetic

-

-

2)Percentage of people who recieve prison sentence for homicide  ,among those diagnosed with personality disorder .

3)Percentage of people who committed homicide, with a diagnosis of personality disorder, and  never been in contact with mental health services

4)Best antipsychotic for a patient with long QT

Edited by rajdeep

Most common side effect of methylphenidate

... Insomnia

.... Hypertension

Can't believe i learned that table of sixteen for t test, friedman, cochrane q, wilcox etc and i knew all the right tests for the example questions, and none of them came up grr!

Yes kitty same here , spent so much time in leArning tht table and nothing came , and that might be the key between passing and failing as they are easy getting questions 10 questions more right and I think I would have passed,

On the other hand the answer to your question is projective identification, as it is the same question from one of the mock exams I did .

Hi guys,

Paper 2 was absolutely rock hard this time. Irrespective of what happens, I will do paper 3 in April. Any tips of what to do/not to do and how to go about it?

Hassan

1 person likes this