Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest chuscoo

LACK OF MOTIVATION!!

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to get ready for part 2 exam in sept.,

I find bloody difficult to get motivated on a daily basis to keep studying while working full time.

I was thinking whether it is just me...so maybe we could try to start some sort of study group in which we also encourage eachother!

:lol: ??? ::):P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(

hi i know wat u mean

i was in the similar situation last year it depends on individual regarding preparation for some individual readin works u may discuss essays and apparaisal group work good fro clinicals

its about balancing work family and study

my secret was i became exquisitely selfish dint cate wot me wife though took 2 and half weeks leave a nd buried my head into bboks atleast did not do anythin else not even east enders

its about being focused that counts good luck!!!!

Got to agree, 2 1/2 weeks of grinding misery prior to sitting written is totally worth it. I know second hand of a family man who moved out for a month before the exam to study(not that I am suggesting that!!) but the cramming is worth it, it is tiny amout of the life for a top outcome9 and if you fail it was ONLY 2 terrible weeks!!)

If you manage much before that well done though, it is tough, sympathise totally.

Ps didn have a study group for part 2 worked for me, they only freaked me out any way

These tips worked for me.May be they will work for you too.You can try this 4/5 months before any exam to make studying interesting.

1) You can pick up a topic (say essay question or critical appraisal questions) and think of the possible answers in your free time( I used to make use of my travelling time as I used to travel 1 and 1/2 hours one way during part 2 and hate reading on trains).Later when you get time, browse the book or internet material to identify points you have missed and do some lateral reading.

2) If you are spend time in driving (I used to drive 60 miles oneway when doing part 1-from Cambridge to Ipswich everyday),you can tape the study materials and listen to them on the way to work.

3) Make use of you on calls to study late.

4) The best thing that worked for me was the'points' method.I used to allocate one point to every hour of study I did. I used to study for 10 points per week.I would reward myself accordingly after every week.If I knew in advance that I can't study the next week,I would collect 15 points this week and 15 points the week after.

5) I never did well with group studies.I think people either talk about irrelevant thing or try to show off and undermine one's confidence.However,if you have a great group ignore my comments.If I have a doubt on something, I used to call up someone to ask for specific answers.