Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Hairway_to_Steven

Anyone sat part II with <12 months G.A.P.?

5 posts in this topic

I think I have been confused/misadvised..

My application is in for Part II - after 24 months psychiatry jobs, using some considerable previous experience in paeds to make up the '30 months minimum'.

BUT I will only be halfway thru my 2nd 6 months in general adult come the time of the exam - and it has gradually dawned on me that they said 12 months GAP is a mandatory requirement for application. (I thought it was only required to be an SpR...)

Anyone know if they'll let me do it? - is this a bendy rule, especially in view of 3 and a half years previous SHO experience and membership in Paeds?

I got a letter today confirming receipt of application, but they'll let me know if I'm elegible only 4 WEEKS before the exam - and that might mean 6 weeks of hard study from now 'til then for nothing...

Hi!

I have had a similar predicament. &nbsp:lol:ue to a lack of knowledge re: Part II requirements, I had only completed 6 onths general adult prior to my application for the exam. My clinical tutor was really supportive and wrote a letter to the exams professor at the College. &nbsp:lol:etailed adult on call, significant functional component to then current OA job etc etc.

Upshot was that I have been accepted to do the exam (although revision ain't too great!).

My advise - talk to your tutor and see what they think

Chris

Thanks, Chris.

Ahh - the rules DO bend after all.

I'm still waiting to find out..and finding getting motivated to study - really study - is hard.

Now I've got a bit more hope, I think I'll go and study the structures of the posterior fossa to celebrate. Ha ha.

My advice is not to sit and wait for the college to tell you you're eligible. I have seen several people now who were confirmed to be eligible only two weeks before the exam and their stress levels rocketed! I also agree that you should ask your supervisor or clinical tutor to support your application. Just to finish on a cynical note - the college would rather accept your money to sit the exam and hope you have to resit it and pay again, than say you aren't eligible!

Breen

Absolutely.

I am full steam ahead studying for an exam I may not be allowed to sit, and have been for some time..

I see very little of my wife and baby daughter.

Its three weeks to go, and no confirmation as yet.

Amazing how a College responsible for mental health can put its potential members through such anguish, and most likely all as a result of simple beaurocracy.. :-(