Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anitapierce

SPRs and the new working time directive.

3 posts in this topic

I am veryconcerned about the new working time directives and shift patterns.I was wondering if someone with the know how could advice re: this veery un-understandable concept.there are rumours that sprs should /would be included in the first on call system and have to be residential.I currently do 1in 7 oncall nonresidential second on in Wales.

i am starting my spR job soon it so daunting to hear all these Rumours!!! I am sure most of them will bvecome true if we dont wake up.

the concept of compensatory rest is fine but taking too far as to do partial shift week of nights is not rerally simulating working like a consultant if the aim of training spR s is to take up consultant post

here we are struggling the SHO on calls fro 3+yrs hoping that things will improve as we go up the ladder but to put back to firat on call? if the consultants (who are paid fro on calls) are willing to join a unified second tier rota yes i am sure I will!!!!!

don't worry about the rumours about SpRs being on the first on call rota. this is not allowed to happen. SpRs are not allowed to act down. they can make you resident second on call, but they will then have to cut your hours (as all resident hours will be counted as actual work from august) and increase your pay (same reason).

you can argue against being resident as being the SpR on call will mean you are covering community (eg for MHA assessments) rather than inpatients. If they are expecting you to see inpateints/do admissions you should strongly resist, and argue that that is the SHOs duty and that if you were doing that it would be 'acting down' which SpRs in training aren't allowed to do.