Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Reena

BPD and psychosis

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have to do a presentation on differential diagnosis on borderline personality disorder and psychosis. Can you please advise me on any studies or papers. :lol:

What are the borders of borderline personality disorder?

Acta Psychiatr Scand Suppl. 1994;379:38-44. Review.

Psychosis in borderline personality disorder.

Psychiatr Dev. 1984 Winter;2(4):295-308. Review.

Recent advances in the treatment of borderline personality disorder.

Can J Psychiatry. 2005 Jul;50(8):435-41. Review.

Borderline or bipolar? Distinguishing borderline personality disorder from bipolar spectrum disorders.

Harv Rev Psychiatry. 2004 May-Jun;12(3):140-5. Review.

The boundary between borderline personality disorder and bipolar disorder: current concepts and challenges.

Can J Psychiatry. 2004 Aug;49(8):551-6. Review.

and some articles in APT , i think last year , by peter tyrer et al

( cut and paste, couldn't be easier than that )

Enjoy your reading !

cheers

Thanks oceanic , That was very helpful and you have made my life much easier. This is what we are lacking in our trust. We dont have any sprs to advise us and this site is very useful for people like us.

Oceanic,  I attended a conference recently at Oxford the speaker just skimmed through when it came to differentiating Border line and Bipolar.I myself wanted to read about BPD and BAD.Thank you very much for the information.

Reena,maybe you want to have a look at this one

'Childhood trauma,psychosis and schizophrenia :a literature review with theoritical and clinical implications ' by John Read et al (Acta Psychiatr Scand 2005 :112:330-350)

Good luck.

Thanks Laluanto, Now i'm looking forward for my presentation after all these information. :lol:

Folks, Excellent topic & very informative as I got my library to dig these articles for me.

Can I request further help?

Does any one know of any articles/references on Schizophrenia & AntiSocial Personality Disorder & Schizophrenia & Narcisstic Personality Disorder?

I attended the Annual Forensic Psychiatry Faculty Meet this year at Newcastle & If I remember correctly,Prof.Sheila Hollins(President of the Royal College) gave a master class on Epidemiology of Schizophrenia & Violence & Schizophrenia. In this Lecture she presented data to support that there seems to be evidence emerging for a subgroup of patients who develop antisocial traits and later develop Schizophrenia. This made me think about Boundaries between Schizophrenia & ASPD in Particular & generally between PD & MI.

I have also had been witness to 2 tribunals on reclassification of patients from MI to PD & vice versa recently

Could you post any articles/references for my perusal.

Thanks in advance for your help.