Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whiterabbit

hand washing

4 posts in this topic

Should we have to or is there alcohol gel use enough.

If we get positive results on say frontal lobe test, perseveration, etc should we note it down in our answer sheet.?

Edited by whiterabbit

RE-Hand washing the alcohol gel is to be used.There is no actual sink in the cubicle.

Regarding 'hand wash' I would be mindful of possibility of cross infection within clinical settings, hence act in the same way in the station as I would act in clinical setting i.e, use alcohol gel. Look for it, if not available, ask generally, if examiner not forthcoming, apologise to the patient (actor) for non-availability of alcohol gel and ask if he/she is ok to be examined? I would imagine that the patient would agree!

Regarding positive findings in any station (history taking or physical or frontal lobe), I would not mention them straightaway but wait for the last minute, where I would attempt to summarise the positive findings with any future action, if required.

RE-Hand washing the alcohol gel is to be used.There is no actual sink in the cubicle.

......and remember in between patients,before and after patients  etc as seen on the numerous infection control  posters so it makes sense to use gel before and after examination i think.