Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mkasar

non-EU doctors starting ST4 after MRCPsych

5 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I did my training outside the UK (5 years) and completed MRCPsych. Could you please comment on your experience as a non-EU doctor applying for ST4 jobs, particularly on Certificate C?

I wrote to North Western deanery and received a standard response. Anyone who has been through this process would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

M

They referred to the applicant handbook at National Recruitment website.

The latest form of Certificate C is a bit tricky as it requires the competencies to be completed in the last three years. It is rather limiting for people who took time off for research, but the College advised me to go ahead and apply. My path is not standard at all, but I am now preparing my portfolio. Will share the news as I go along. 

So, I am longlisted for the ST4 interview. :)

The ad hoc locum jobs I have done during my PhD helped my case. I also got great support from the local Director of Medical Education and Training Programme Director in the process. I provided as many documents as I could from previous training plus evidence from the jobs in the UK (including two psychotherapy ACEs).

The panel see Certificate C as the key document, so anyone who is not in established training programme should find a supervisor who agrees to authorise the Certificate C. 

Re interviews, I look forward to suggestions from all.

All the best

M

Hi Mkasar,

How did you go about your psychotherapy ACEs whilst doing locums?

Hal