tempero

Psychotherapy books

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

CT in psychiatry here. Interested in learning more about psychotherapy (upcoming cases). Can anyone recommend any good books? Have Psychology for Psychiatrists already but looking for something more specific to psychotherapy.

Thank you.

Introduction to Psychotherapy by Bateman is good,easy to read and not too long!!

One of my old consultants recommended this book to me a few years ago:

Dynamic Psychotherapy Explained- Patricia Hughes 

I love Irvin Yalom books about existential psychotherapy; in many of them he speak about different patient cases which are fascinating.

Also the examined life by Stephen Grosz is a good easy interesting read; its a narrative of different patient cases

How important is knowledge of psychotherapy for MRCPsych papers A and B???Are there any recommended books for psychotherapy?

Overcoming series is a good reference for patients and those wanting to support patients, on a range of topics - or so told me a friendly psychologist. Of course other free sources are helpful such as getselfhelp.co.uk and psychologytools websites.

Knowledge in psychotherapy also enhance your communication skills. 

You can also watch some videos on you tube. For eg Dr Aaron Beck's videos will give you detailed info. & helpful tips in regards to CBT

It's great, thanks.

Thank u 

Which form needs to be completed on the portfolio for the completion of a short case. ?