Ranamoharram

Physical examination

3 posts in this topic

Hey. I'm having the exam on Thursday. Was wondering in the physical exam stations, do I say what I'm checking for in medical jargo or do I explain in layman's term/not explain at all if its not possible. Your timely respons will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

1 person likes this

Hey. I'm having the exam on Thursday. Was wondering in the physical exam stations, do I say what I'm checking for in medical jargo or do I explain in layman's term/not explain at all if its not possible. Your timely respons will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

hi just say your findings in crisp statements ex. heart sounds are normal and no added sounds thanks

My approach in physical examination stations:

Depending on the info given, after greeting, briefly explain in layman terms, what you are required to do and why?

During examination, make sure that you explain the process beforehand in layman terms, so that he/she does not feel surprised or shocked!

On completion of examination, after thanking for co-operation, explain briefly the outcome of the examination including the next steps, whether the examination is normal or not. All explanation is to the patient in layman terms only. You are not required to speak to the examiner unless instructed.

1 person likes this