Ranamoharram

Overseas applicant

13 posts in this topic

Hello. I'm an Egyptian Psychiatrist who is about to take the CASC exam. I was wondering, if I pass would I be able to get an NHS job once I register to the GMC with no UK experience?

Dear Rana, welcome to this forum and all the best wishes for your exam. I suppose you can apply for jobs and see what are the chances availble. You may also apply for the national recruitment to higher training in psychiatry to see if you can get a national training number. Another option is to come to the UK on the Medical Training Inititative (MTI), please see this page for more details:

www.rcpsych.ac.uk/workinpsychiatry/internationalaffairsunit/medicaltraininginitiative.aspx

Best wishes,

Some Regions in the UK have shortage for psychiatry doctors. Would be comparatively easier to get posts there...

Hello I just passed my mrcpsych I'm currently working in southafrica and have no experience in uk  I just want to ask can I get a higher training post in uk even if it's in areas of shortage and how much is the duration of that training and  is there an exit examination required afterwards for frcpsych please any body who knw where can I get information I will greatly appreciate plzzzzzz I don't have any psych degree other than mrcpsych and diploma in mental health from South Africa with 8 years psych expereience

Edited by khoker

Hey just want  to ask that I have not done plab and u need core training from uk that obviously overseas candidates don't have so I'm not sure as it's required in eligibility criteria

I am an overseas trained psychiatrist now doing higher training in general adult after obtaining MRCPsych.

Have you got your GMC registration?

After obtaining your GMC - you are eligible to apply as you hold MRCPsych - I would recommend you to contact National  Recruitment. 

https://www.nwpgmd.nhs.uk/national_ST4_Psychiatry_Recruitment

You might consider doing some locum jobs while in the process of application. I was doing a research degree and ad hoc locums that I did really helped with my portfolio. 

We desperately need higher trainees. It is highly likely that you get a general adult or old age job if you pass the interview.

Best wishes

M

Thanks for ur reply one more question I don't have British passport so what visa requirements are needed for eligibility to apply

Hello!

My name is Morgan Poulin and I am an associate recruiter for Barton Associates in the United States. We are a company that assists physicians and physician assistants find locum tenens work. I specifically represent the psychiatry department at the company. I work with my clients to find a position that best fits their availability and desired area of work. A huge benefit of working with an agent like myself, is personal commitment to ensuring that the locum tenens assignment works best for the needs of my client. If you would be interested in speaking with myself for future employment opportunities please contact me at my direct line (860) 789 3151. 
Best Wishes!

Barton Associates 
Associate Recruiter 
Address: 1 Corporate Rd. Suite 106, Enfield, CT 06082
Phone: (860) 789-3151
Mobile: (860) 510-8002 

On 28/10/2016 at 19:50, khoker said:

Thanks for ur reply one more question I don't have British passport so what visa requirements are needed for eligibility to apply

National Recruitment will provide all the relevant information regarding the application process

On Sunday, January 08, 2017 at 15:23, mkasar said:

National Recruitment will provide all the relevant information regarding the application process

Can you tell me about the long and short psychotherapy, I am trying to set up my portfolio  but struggling with regards to that...

any advice will be much appreciated

On 1/9/2017 at 18:45, peeros said:

Can you tell me about the long and short psychotherapy, I am trying to set up my portfolio  but struggling with regards to that...

any advice will be much appreciated

Please follow the requirements set out in Core Psychiatry Curriculum. 

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/Core_Psychiatry_Curriculum_August_2016.pdf

Your psychotherapy supervisors will need to fill in a SAPE form for you based on the psychotherapy experience. 

http://www.wessexdeanery.nhs.uk/pdf/Psychotherapy SAPE 11.2013.pdf

For the portfolio, try to provide reference letters based on your previous training/work including psychotherapy.

Best wishes

M

u can get the job provided u fulfil gmc requirement including english