mkasar

Core Training in Psychiatry is now in Shortage Occupation List

7 posts in this topic

Great. Can you please help us know what should we do to increase our chances to get psychiatry core training if someone is doing his first non-training job in A&E. I sprevious post-Foundation year experience in Psychiatry compulsory to get this training?? 

Please help.

if an overseas Dr (equivalent to staff grade) completes their MRCPSych and wish to practise psychiatry in UK what is teh way forward. Will they be allowed entry into psychiatry training in UK? Will they go straight into higher training or still need to do core training ? will the Core training years be reduced ?

Thanks

I will know better about this in the next few months as I am preparing to apply for higher training. The local trust's tutor commented that it should be all right. Perhaps the evidence for Certificate C will be important to show evidence that overseas training met the essential requirements for the core training in the UK.

best

1 person likes this

Dear all 

can you plz tel me the more recent information on overseas doctor with gmc registration can they apply for jobs in uk?

You do not need to have worked in Psychiatry before applying for core training. Although you have to show commitment to specialty.