Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Aurelian

recovering from glandular fever

4 posts in this topic

As you can see, I'm in the throes of revising for Part I. Made more complicated by the fact I'm recovering from glandular fever/infectious mono. I had to take a month off work back in March because of it. I'm better overall, but still I find it hard to do anything too strenuous. Particularly exercise, but also study for much longer than an hour or so!

To be honest I'm not all that worried by the study, que sera sera and all that, but the general malaise that seems to drag on is worrying. I used to be quite active and sporty and now, running even the equivalent of a football pitch leaves me wrecked the next day. Does anyone have any tips for getting back on the mend?

Sorry to hear about your illness and your lack of energy.

Try to learn yoga from a trained teacher.Concentrate on the asanas-postures and pranayama-breathing exercises.This is known to increase your prana-energy levels.Also do meditation prior to opening your books to focus the mind.All the best!!

wasn't there a link between glandular fever and chronic fatigue syndrome...?

try graded exercises...try to drag a friend or a family member to get you to keep going.

speak to a psychologist informally....

hope you take this as helpful advice.... :-/

Thank you very much ... advice appreciated. My mind is chronically unclear prior to study so I think the yoga idea is a good one! As is graded exercise, must fight my tendency to take on too much too soon....