razorfield

ECG questions

6 posts in this topic

If I remember correctly there were 2 ECG questions, one MCQ and one EMI.

MCQ:

Looked like a straight forward anterior MI with ST elevation in the chest leads.

EMI: 

4 parts to this one

1. man having an MI: RR 1500, ST elevation (2 marks)

2. woman with torasades de pointe, how could ECG have predicted this? QTc 510 (1 mark)

3. man with memory problems experiencing black outs (2nd to heart block): prolonged PR, I think 280 was the option (1 mark)

4. 20 year old on clozapine suffering a PE: RR 500, saddle shaped ECG with mild ST elevation (2 marks)

pseudocholistrase deficiency increase sensitivity to:

fava beans

donapzil

cant remembth the rest...

yes paper A1 was awful....lots of new mcq

needed alot of knowledge about things

lots of repeat Qs in 2 from july exam ....thanks alot to DR Gurpal and colleagues ....

i used SPMM ...this my first attempt....but this forum helped me alot to shape my revision...

3 hours ago, razorfield said:

If I remember correctly there were 2 ECG questions, one MCQ and one EMI.

MCQ:

Looked like a straight forward anterior MI with ST elevation in the chest leads.

EMI: 

4 parts to this one

1. man having an MI: RR 1500, ST elevation (2 marks)

2. woman with torasades de pointe, how could ECG have predicted this? QTc 510 (1 mark)

3. man with memory problems experiencing black outs (2nd to heart block): prolonged PR, I think 280 was the option (1 mark)

4. 20 year old on clozapine suffering a PE: RR 500, saddle shaped ECG with mild ST elevation (2 marks)

HR in question 1 was 40 BPM and in 4 was 120 BPM (hence RR in 4 was a third of RR in 1)

were there ECG questions in the past? 

Dr Gurpal and team would u be able to guide us regards ecg questions as it was significant chunk last few times,... exam is in 15 days,,, pleaseee consider