psychtrainee2015

Paper A - What Royal college of Psychiatry expect from us

6 posts in this topic

Dear friends....

I recently appeared for Paper A exam....and many of you must have also sat recently...

What do you think about paper A(i)

What do you all think  RCPsych---exam board expects from us

Recently they have combined Paper 1(Ai) & 2(Aii) to make Paper A-  doubling the syllabus for us to appear all in one go, in one day

On top of that they made paper A(i) so tough that many of us, even the ones with best of their preparation, found so difficult to solve...

I am sure, if this paper is given to  the faculty members or teaching consultants to solve, even they might find it diificult to solve in 90 minutes.....

We, trainees, do have regular teaching (MRCPsych teaching course) organised locally or by the deanery...but I dont think that the standard of teaching matches the standard of exam at all....If they expect high standard of knowledge from their trainees...why cant  they teach us to that high standard.

what are your thoughts about this?

Edited by psychtrainee2015
1 person likes this

That is scary..

I am going to start CT1 in Aug 16 and want advise on how and when to give paper A and how long it take to revise and from which website/books?

as I have little kids, want to plan ahead.

1 person likes this

It would be really helpful if someone can guide a bit about paper A, its revision and courses. 

Does anyone have any idea if it is worth subscribing to the spmm mock exams?

I have also heard that the latest part A examinations were unlike the previous ones, any coping strategies?

1 person likes this