Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest helen23

part 2 in september anyone?

14 posts in this topic

Are any of you planning to sit part 2 in September? I am already struggling with revision, critical reviews turn my brain to mush, and as for essay writing....well it must be 15 years since I last wrote one.

anyone out there feeling more positive?

yes, I am sitting partII in September. My greatest struggle is motivation and not flitting from book to book. I have not (re)tackled crit appraisal yet.. must do so soon!

i too am planning to appear this autumn..and i agree with amygdala1...motivation is sorely lacking to get back to books!! am thinking of seriously starting my studies from 1 July!! hope that leaves me with enough time!!

I am finding motivation a serious problem.

At the end of every week I keep on finding myself saying: 'Right - I will start on Monday.' Friday appears and I am still none the wiser! ???

OK so that makes four of us, are there any more of you out there?

plenty more i should think!

i haven't got around to posting my application yet....in denial!

Me too :)

me too ! i have been planning to start from the day i came back from guilford course.i kept telling myself i will start tomorrow. TOMORROW NEVER CAME !. please post if anyone has progressed.

please lets form a study group

i am based in manchester....currently working in Bolton

and am willing to meet for study ant where around M60, Nwest .

Going for Guildford Course in August

any one keen to join group call me on

cheers :D

Hey there! It's my first time for Part 2 in Autumn so not quite sure if I have started too late revising. I did the Guildford Course in April and also vowed I would start studying, but have not been able to get into a routine. Too many distractions in the Summer, like barbeques, parties, etc.

So, what do people think? Is it preferable to sit the Autumn or the Spring exam? Some people say there are less distractions over Winter, but I think more daylight hours fools me into thinking I have more time to study during summer. Anyone from London?

:)

why don't we have a kind of on-line study group on this forum, to discuss ISQs etc.

maybe if someone else has a go, I will be brave enough to join in!

I have taken the big step of sending my application off, thinking (wrongly) that it would kickstart my revision.

I'm not sure if it's easier to study over winter or summer. I did the winter thing for part I and passed, so I suppose it must have worked. The recent sunshine hasn't helped me to sit down and hit the books (too many social invites to turn down!) but it's now howling a gale and pouring with rain so my mind may be fooled into thinking it's midwinter.

Timtam thats a grand suggestion u have made for an online group...seems sensible and i am all for it!

if we can muster up a few more enthusiasts, we shud be on our way to Part II glory soon!

the only argument i can put forward for sitting exams in Autumn is that we can then freak out over the festive period of Christmas and New Year!!

that's very true about christmas. i'd forgotten how miserable i was over the festive period pre-part 1.

ok. am now feeling inspired to.......chuck the MCQ books away and head out for a drink. oh well it is friday after all, maybe start studying next week!

:D Me too . I faild the clinical last time . I feel depressed and have no motivation to start revision but I will do better if I found somebody to study with.