myseconda

Starting Salary for SAS DOCTOR

4 posts in this topic

Hello all. I have had 7 years experience in psychiatry including core training posts and through long term locum jobs. My question is after making around 90k gross salary in Locums , what do I negotiate for in salary for a specialty doctor post. Many thanks.Can I negotiate up to 50k ?

In current job market,less supply and more demand, you can easily ask 55k starting salary. if there is no one to take the post, they can even offer more than that

On 9/2/2016 at 15:29, myseconda said:

Hello all. I have had 7 years experience in psychiatry including core training posts and through long term locum jobs. My question is after making around 90k gross salary in Locums , what do I negotiate for in salary for a specialty doctor post. Many thanks.Can I negotiate up to 50k ?

It depends on the HR staff/manager. For your experience, some trusts would value all your experience as a Locum doctor and will also consider your overseas experience and take the middle line and offer 52-53K to start.

Some trusts like Nottingham, Rotherham and Doncaster, count the locum years experience as 50% equivalent to NHS experience.

Some trusts like Cambridge and Peterborough would not count the locum years experience at all and will only offer the first year speciality doctor salary to start with.

Edited by Bretton gate