• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nagulant

Nether edge hospital sheffield

6 posts in this topic

hi, i am taking my part 2 clinicals :( at the above hospital. can anyone let me know about this place please.

Hi MTAS!

Nether Edge Hospital (or the Michael Carlile Centre as it is also known) is the psych hospital (and out-patients) for the 2 sectors in the south of Sheffield. A few years back I did the ushering for the Part 2- it was held in the OPD, but they can cart in-patients there quite easily if need be. All the usual suspects, but you would be really unlucky to get LD, as Sheffy has no substantial LD service, and no LD beds/training. Substance misuse beds (6) are on-site, included in the 2 wards of in-patients (approx 60 in total). They will bring in out-patients from all over Sheffield for the exam, though, and in-patients from the north sector beds at Northern General Hospital too- I've sent a couple for the exam before now ;) (bipolar- brought his trombone to the exam...spot diagnosis!!!!, and scz with phx of alcohol dependence). Sheffield has a population of 150,000ish, so patients could be just about anything. Eating disorder service is pretty small too- no dedicated beds. Unlikely to get forensic as the low secure service is not on-site and the medium secure service is in Rotherham. Don't sue me if I'm wrong!...this is all just best guess. I have no inside knowledge.

Nether Edge is a lovely area and you will see the nicest bit of Sheffield if you stay locally :).

Have to go into town for post-exam celebratory nightlife, though.

hi, thanks a million for that- i'm also posted to nether edge. is there any chance you'd be in a position to recommend a hotel nearby? no pressure!

liz

Try the Swallow Hotel (marriott)-walking distance.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0