pingi

Pingi

10 posts in this topic

Hi,Any one interested to take diploma exam of Ireland and any suggestions for preparation.

Hi Hashim

Would u like to do combined study with me

I don't mind but don't know anything about how to process.

I don't mind but don't know anything about how to process. Private msg me your e-mail id or mobile number so we can have some chat. If not a problem for you

I can help , passed this exam last year . Ask for the past exam questions from Iian Martel, a very helpful chap.practice around the last papers. Clinical one includes history taking and physical examination. Later, u would meet two consultants who would ask u to present and then ask questions rewarding basic management plan. It is very straight forward exam and pass rate is high if you know the basics. Best of luck .

Hi Beena,

Thanks for your response. I did ask for the past papers but they only sent me essay questions but NOT the MCQs. Do I suppose to get MCQs past papers too?

Thanks

That's right , which is for  part B of the written paper.I did not find any past papers or books focusing on MCQs and they don't provide that.. But because I have already passed paper a and b of Mrcpsych , that helped me. U can go through Oxford hand book of psychiatry , focus on psychopathology, and basic management of mental illness. Also go through ICD criteria for mental illness .MCQs are not tricky or challenging .

hope this helps

Sorry I am the same as Beena 

Please tell me one thing more the first day is at royal college? (am I right) and the second day could be anywhere i Dublin (clinical). What would you advise with regards to booking a hotel. Should I book near the airport or near the royal college :-)

Thanks once again

First thing , check whether u have the visa to enter Ireland , it may take a month for processing  if u don't have one, then after u have put the application for exam , they would send u the date and venue for the written and clinical exam 7-10 days before the exam. As the written exam is in rcpi-college , therefore I booked the hotel right infront , then the other day took a taxi to the venue allocated to me . Mine was in a hospital at Dublin .On the second day , a patient would be allocated to u , u would have 50 mins for the history and physical examination . There would not be any observer in the room. Then u would be asked to come out and take a break of 10 mins , in which u can make a formulation of the case . U would meet the consultants who would then ask basic questions. The result is usually declared that very day in the afternoon , may be even before u reach home.

Dont forget in the case presentation that u have done the physical examination as well and the findings if present.

Hope this helps