sobia

Revising for Paper B

10 posts in this topic

Failed

Can i ask what the majority  did? I was told just do mcqs/emi's

But is this enough?

Advice needed 

Sorry to hear ur bad news Sobia. Crack on for October now, mmooney gave some good study resources earlier in the thread. Shell out for a 'popular' revision package and use the mocks too. Focus on the qus and not the notes. YOU WILL PASS, it's a matter of time.

Edited by razorfield
2 people like this

Hi

I passed, though I do think it was a bit of a freak event.

I'd agree with MMooney in not relying too heavily on notes/courses. But the caveat is that for those of us who trained outside the UK, the material isn't necessarily part of one's daily practice. So just to repeat what others have said, it makes sense to read around the topic. Courses (mrcpsychmentor in my case) helps to give one some idea of the syllabus (I tend to glaze over while reading the syllabus list).

The other thing which I discovered for the first time this time is that the college seems to rely quite heavily on its set of previous questions, so collating the questions here into a document and reading through those topics would be a good first step. I'd meant to, but the effort lost steam at some point. (I'd made a start with Oct 15, but it's very patchy). There's another document on the April 2015 thread that's probably worth everyone's while.

oct 2015 paper b.docx

Edited by Doriangray
4 people like this

A lot of people undermine the massive the impact of MRCpsychmentor in paper B. I personally used only MRCpsych mentor, spmm mocks and stat videos to passed April paper B. 

1 person likes this

Congratulations to all who passed.thanks for all the information ..do you guys recommend the superego website for stats videos?

I have never used superego resources and hence it would be unfair for me to positively or negatively comment about it.

46 minutes ago, izurmi said:

A lot of people undermine the massive impact of MRCpsychmentor in paper B. I personally used only MRCpsych mentor, spmm mocks and stat videos to passed April paper B. 

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, des01 said:

Congratulations to all who passed.thanks for all the information ..do you guys recommend the superego website for stats videos?

Psychtuts will have a new critical appraisal online course for MRCPsych exams in time for the next Paper B.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, izurmi said:

I have never used superego resources and hence it would be unfair for me to positively or negatively comment about it.

Thanks izurmi. Well done on passing. What stat videos did you use? 

Spmm stats videos

1 person likes this

I used mrcpsych mentor and it was very useful.  Especially for core psychiatry. Good quality questions and descriptions. For  statistics its not that helpful. Also use maudsley and oxford handbook or  any other text books for reference.