Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest nj

Re: CHANGE OF VENUE

10 posts in this topic

I was wondering if it was possible to change the venue of the clinical exam. Does anyone have any experiences to share with me please.

I have to do my clinicals in Ireland. I have been to the Irish embassy and I am afraid I may not be able to get all their requirements b/4 my exam date.

I am kind of really anxious as to what to do and how to manage this situation. Does anyone have any similar experiences and how are they going about this?

Any brilliant and useful ideas are welcome!

My focus at this time should be my clinical exams and not on obtaining a visa to Ireland. They seem to have huge fears that I shall nt return to the Uk after the said exams.

IS IRELAND THE LATEST LAND FLOWING WITh THE GOLD AND PRECIOUS STONES?

I just cannot convince the embassy staff that I got too much going for me here in the UK to abdicate to their country. No evidence I offer is accepted? does anyone have same experience?

Or is it just me?

From what I heard, last time they made it difficult or examiners to reach there as well.

I dont have personal experience, but may need to ask medical stafing or evidence of employment here...

All the best

Thanks Doriannevergrters, the employment letter may be ready on monday or tuesday. Cos local problems at the med staff dept. head is on a/l deputy is off sick. Tried to reach clinical director on friday but no luck. So u see why letter cannot be till mon or tuesday? It would take the embassy five working days to issue the visa.

Not only that they insist on providing a bank statement on letterheaded paper for the immediate last 3 months, which I can not readily provide. They will not accept one from the local branch (stamped and dated by bank satff).

They also request for a receipt of my payment for the MRCPsych exams (which again is totally irrelevant to visa application).

Problem of running to and fro London. And the hassles are just impossible!

Infact they queried why I planned to go to Ireland the two days b/4. ::)

I could practice bedside cognitive testing on the lot of staff I met there u know.

Diagnosis: 'tick box brain syndrome'

Well still welcome any ideas and advice.

why do we have to give royal college exam fee receipt.if we have admit card that means we have paid exam fee?

i am going to embassy on moonday,i dont have my statements so taking print out of statements stamped from my bank will they accept it?

if your exam in Belfast u don't need a visa.

if in Dublin u can do a detour through belfast and take the train from there to dublin .

Hi

My colleague is from Kashmir and was refused an Irish visa-contacted RCPsych and explained refusal-exam centre changed to Midlands today. You should contact the college ASAP and let them know about your difficulty in obtaining a visa. They should allocate you to another centre.

Best of luck :) :)

I thank you all for your useful suggestions.

I sat put at the Irish embassy yesterday and told the staff that there was no way I was leaving there without my passport taken for the purpose os visa processing. I had to insist that way, after the Royal College vehemently and persistently told me it was not possibly to change my venue. Infact I was at the Royal College yesterday afternoon in person.

To cut the long story short, the Irish embassy has finally collected my documents and have asked me to come for the visa on friday.

Infact it has been such a stressful period for me.

I have to have the 'MRCPsych' title after all this 'agro'.

Once again, thanks to you all and this is WISHING ALL THOSE TAKING THE PART 2 CLINICALS SUCCESS!

Regards,

NJ

>:(:o ::) :-X Well, here we go again!

I had a similar unpleasant experience with the Irish Embassy in London about one & half years ago when I was doing the DCP exam. They requested documents and documents! I went to the embassy twice in 5 days. When they were satistied with the documents, they told me to come again in a few days time to collect the visa-but that was not good enough-my exam was about 2-3 days away. I tried to explain, but they weren't bulging. In the end, I told them what I really thought about their handling of the visa issue. As a last resort, I intended to travel via Belfast but luckily they changed their minds and issued the visa I think for 3 months. In Dublin, the Immigation Officer stamped my passport for only 3 days (maybe 2 not very sure)!

Enough said folks!

Why not travel to belfast there are no border checks between Northern Ireland and the Republic. Then take a bus or train to Dublin. There are occasional spot checks when you are travelling within the Republic. Worth a try if you cannot change the venue. Ciaran

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0