Chedza

Working in Canada

4 posts in this topic

Hi there I recently sent my credentials to the royal college of physicians and surgeons of Canada for assessment for eligibility, I have MRCPsych (uk) ,no ccst but six years of psych training and four years of practicing psychiatry after training , what are my chances for eligibility and how long is the wait

1 person likes this

How did you apply? could you describe the Application process and requirements? did you have a Job offer before applying? 

I did not have a job offer as all jobs they require one to be licensed Or eligible to write fellowship exams.  I registered with physicians apply and got my qualifications source verified. I also wrote MCCEE exams. The next step is to get credentials assessed by the Royal college. I have PR.  I just wonder how long the process takes 

Hey guys

Im looking for some advice... I am in the process of getting my Canadian working holiday visa and planning to get there at the end of May. I dont know where to go to work for the summer. I have spent time in Whistler, Vancouver and Victoria before so dont want to go back to any of these places. I was thinking of somewhere resort-ish, as opposed to a big city. I thought it would be nice to be near the sea or on a lake, so thought of the gulf islands or Invermere in BC but am not sure. Anyone got any other good suggestions? It doesnt have to be in BC though = It is just all I know of Canada really. Any help would be appreciated