santa

Preparing for CASC

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. What is the best way to prepare for the CASC exam. There are so many different courses and videos. Im just so confused what to do !!!

@santa I would say read and PRACTICE stations. Spend the first few weeks doing this and the last few weeks of revision watching videos. Most of the videos are produced by people with no current knowledge of the exams, they are only useful for revision.

on the day of the exam stay calm and and do your best

Have you done the CASC Sarah ?

Hi!

I am preparing for the CASC in September, and have been worrying about this too.

As an overseas doctor I could sit in Hong Kong or the UK.

Any guidance on this would be really welcome.. I've already done the math; that's not really what I'm asking about. Someone told me that exams conducted outside the UK tend to be harder.

Do you think that might in fact be true??

Hi!

Does anyone have guidance on what online materials to pick? 

I plan on getting the SPMM online course asap. 

I was wondering about the online course offered by Passthecasc . com. They have online feedback on offer. 

Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it useful to get?

Thanks in advance! 

1 person likes this

Hi Saumya I bought the Spmm videos but there arent many. Theres only 63 and some of them are not that good. Ive bought the pass the Casc module now for 3 months. Thats a lot better. You can book 3x 90 mins sessions with Dr Mishra who runs the course. 

Hi I can join u guys. Let me know if u are planning to practice. 

Hi Guys , I am planning for CASC in September, please let me know if you still need a study partner.. I am in desperate need of a practice partner.

Thanks

Ammad

i can be contacted on Skype

skype ID: ammad1983

please text me on skype if anybody can help me!!

On 18/06/2016 at 19:22, Saumya said:

Hi!

I am preparing for the CASC in September, and have been worrying about this too.

As an overseas doctor I could sit in Hong Kong or the UK.

Any guidance on this would be really welcome.. I've already done the math; that's not really what I'm asking about. Someone told me that exams conducted outside the UK tend to be harder.

Do you think that might in fact be true??

Hi!

Does anyone have guidance on what online materials to pick? 

I plan on getting the SPMM online course asap. 

I was wondering about the online course offered by Passthecasc . com. They have online feedback on offer. 

Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it useful to get?

Thanks in advance! 

hi

Just now, shada said:

hi i would like to practice online , I am not in uk aswell. 

Hi all,

I studied for CASC by regularly practicing stations with friends from a book called Pass The CASC (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1498707890/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488701670&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=casc&dpPl=1&dpID=41U%2BxOB4VsL&ref=plSrch). It provides brief scenarios and an excellent marking scheme for each. I found getting used to 7 and 10 minutes helpful and also getting comfortable with making mistakes infront of others!

I also used the SPMM videos but I found the associated handouts a bit too much to read through. As its a practical exam I felt practicing clinical skills was key. If you've passed A and B the knowledge is there, its just a case of conveying it to a patient in a simplistic way.

I didnt go on any courses but we did a practice CASC here in Edinburgh. I wouldn't recommend the Pass the CASC book by Dr Moodliar, I found it to be a bit overinclusive in terms of their approaches to stations and I'm sorry to say that it was poorly written!

Practice. Practice. Practice. Keep calm and you'll be fine.

Happy to speak further with anyone if it'd be helpful. Good luck!