BladeBeingBuilt

What material do you actually read for Paper B?

5 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I’ve just joined and was looking through all the older posts, but it’s left me really confused. I just gave Paper-A and the route to be charted seemed much more straightforward or at least better defined – I read the SPMM SmartRevise notes and did the MRCPsych Mentor, which seems to be what everyone else mostly did too.

However there’s so many and such massive, polarized differences of opinion regarding how to prepare for paper B, it’s got my head in a spin. So I’d just like to know your take on these queries of mine (sorry if there are repetitions, but please be considerate towards the clueless)

1.    Has anyone used the SPMM SmartRevise notes for paper B? Would you recommend them? I’m very particular about this resource because I used the notes for Paper A and personally at least found them VERY good.

2.    Are there any other such notes that you would recommend that’re perhaps even better?

3.    Many people on the forum say it’s better to just use a book and prepare from the that. Is this really true and feasible?

4.    The books spoken of the most are the shorter oxford textbook and the Synopsis (Kaplan). Give a choice, which of these two would you recommend?

5.    A lot of people are recommending doing an online course for critical appraisal. How long does such a course take?

Thank you again to all the forum members for sharing your knowledge and experiences

Regards

1 person likes this

I personally use a book and look on revision notes if I couldn't find the answer in a quiz.

The challenge is about learning and not just passing the exam. With CASC and presentations, it is rather hard to remember revision materials after the exam unlike books that are more organized and readily available when needed.

I am in the same boat and am looking forward to any relevant answers to the above questions.. Anyone ?

Ive been looking everywhere for Robot 13. Its fairly new, so there arent many torrents around. Ive read a few pages, and the artwork is really something else.