Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drachma21

Thinking of quitting ST post

3 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of quitting my ST post. I've been a locum doctor previously and loved it. I'm only trying to get my CCT because I feel it's expected of me and it'll keep my options open. The truth is I hate the audits, leadership, management and work place based assessments. I just love the clinical work and 9-5 lifestyle. My plan was always to go back into SAS or locum work anyway as soon as I have a CCT. Am I making a big mistake? If I quit I don't think I can ever get back in again right?

1 person likes this

Hi

I was in exactly the same position as you. I was doing locum work for 6 years and loved it but decided to go back into higher training due to a nagging sense that it was the right thing to do and would open doors.

I found ST training difficult to get into due to portfolio, wpba and other nonsense! I too considered quitting.

I'm now in ST6 and feel that I've come so far I might as well complete

My advice is to keep your eyes on the prize, get your head down and just complete the training. When it's over it gives you more options. I would say I'm definitely going back to locum work and much prefer that lifestyle. I don't mind SAS work either